Saturday, March 16, 2024

When the time is right, you will know!

 If you are like me, I have out run God many times.  Instead of operating from a prudent position I decided to go like gang busters and do my thing.  Care to know how things turned out? Let's just say I learned my lesson and now wait for the right time.  Like many things in life we often want it now, and in the wanting it now, we don't always take into consideration that now might not be the right time.  This obviously leads to the question, what is the right time?  Today I hope to answer that for you, and provide you with a few things to ponder, as if you didn't have enough on your plate already.  

As I've said many times in the past we all have a passion, a purpose.  When we finally accept this fact it's very easy to dive right in, not realizing that there is always a perfect time for execution of your plan, and knowing that perfect time is key to the success of your endeavors.  Sadly many people miss the signs that will come to them in regards to perfect timing, and in missing these signs what was a very good thing ends up in having to pick up the many pieces of a broken dream.  Fear not, just because you made an error in timing does not mean a dream is dead, far from it.  It simply means you need to regroup and attempt it again.

We as humans have been conditioned to live under a time standard, expecting certain things at certain times, trying always to predict what the perfect time is.  Sadly time, as we know it, is an illusion.  When one talks about a dream, a vision, a purpose, a passion, time should never come into the conversation in as much as we often place false deadlines.  Don't misunderstand me, we live with time, but time should never be the absolute in what plans we have, when we institute those plans, and ultimately what our expectations are in regards to when we do something.  I know it's somewhat confusing, but stick with me for a moment and I think you will see where I am taking all of this.

Have you ever prayed for God to open a door for you?  I know I have, and at times it seems as though the wait is taking forever. In the perfection of your design, there is perfection in the timing of stepping out into your destiny, your purpose.  It is when we out run God that we smack right into the door that is not quite ready to be opening.  Patience is not always easy to stand in, but it is advisable to always display patience when God's timing is involved.  Do you think for one minute that your plans are any less valid simply because you have entered what you perceive as a delay?  When I tell you that I have learned the hard way about God's timing, I have learned the hard way.  I have seen things come crashing down because I wanted it my way, and in my timing.  Now God is forgiving, and oh so gracious, and we will have the opportunity to make things right, even if we have messed things up.  My encouragement to you is simply look for signs.  Look for the the open doors, and once opened, run through them.  There's nothing worse than sitting around complaining that things are not moving, and right in front of you is an open door.  What's the old adage, one can't see the forest because they are too close to the trees.  Often we are standing right in front of the open door, but in our desire to do it in our own time, we miss what is right in front of us. I have been guilty of this many times in the past, and luckily for me I have learned a lesson and make every effort not to make the same mistake twice.

There are so many people who feel that they have failed because they have yet to see their dreams come into existence.  First off failure is never fatal, and it certainly is not the end of things.  Many people have failed miserably with things and yet they go on to do some pretty incredible things in life.  It is only when we cease to move forward, when we throw our dreams on the dust heap, that we fail.  Can you name me anyone who hasn't come up against a wall, a challenge, a distraction?  Most everyone I know has had this happen, and luckily for them they didn't allow this to stop them.  We must never let go of our dreams and realize that they will manifest at the perfect time, and in the perfect manner.  True diligence is working through each perceived delay, each setback, every distraction.  When you approach your dreams with certainty, when you realize that each dream is a stepping stone to your destiny, then and only then will you be able to accept delays, distractions, and setbacks, and know that they all play a part in God's perfect timing.

So when will you know the time is right?  Do the planets all have to line up.  Do you need a neon sign lit up with your next step?  You will know the time is right when you are able to hear what your spirit is telling you.  Sadly many, many people have yet to familiarize themselves with the voice of their own spirit.  I could write a book on that, but for right now suffice it to say knowing what your spirit is telling you is going to eliminate a ton of delays, distractions, and setbacks.  It certainly would be great if we never had to wait, if we never had to listen, look, be aware of God's signs for us, if we could just have it delivered to us on a Silver Platter, but you and I both know that that probably is not going to be the way God communicates with you.  Anything worth having is worth working for, and getting signs from the Creator the Universe is no different.  Too many people want things for nothing and have absolutely no skin in the game.  If you are not willing to invest yourself into your dreams and visions, then why in the world would you get mad at God for what you perceive to be a delay in getting what you want?  

If you have the faith to believe that you have a purpose, then you have the faith to see the signs of when the time is right to step out into those dreams.  Our timing may not be perfect, but God's is.  Our ability to walk in our purpose is going to be dependent on your ability to see and understand God's clues.  If we open up our Spiritual Eyes we will see what we need to see, allowing us to do those things we need to do. I have learned to accept God's timing, and why?  I've learned through trial and error.  I've made some dumb moves in my time, and after being burned numerous times I have learned to wait on God's perfect timing.  Will I get it right from here on in?  Probably not, but it won't be for a lack of trying.  Sometimes we just need to take the first step and let God do the rest, understanding that his timing is perfect, and ours often isn't.  

You will know when the time is right, but you will also discover when you have outrun God.  Given the option to do it in God's time or your own, what makes more sense? I know the answer is obvious, but I still like to challenge you when I can.  Know this: you have the ability to hear, you have the ability to see, and you have the ability to know the timing of God.  Don't doubt it.  Your dreams, your destiny is not going to go away, and if you think that your Creator is not going to keep it in your mind, you don't know God.  Your purpose needs to come to fruition, and God will let you know when the time is right, trust me on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment