Saturday, March 9, 2024

When you know, you know.

Funny thing.  I was halfway through writing the blog this morning, and I was told to discard it, and instead go out on this path.  I have learned to listen to that still small voice, and so I am moving forward on what I believe is needed by someone today.  I dare say that most, if not the vast majority of people have been experiencing some battles as of late.  Some of this battles may only be slight hiccup for some, while others seem almost insurmountable.  No matter where you fall on the spectrum I want to provide a little encouragement this morning, and in doing so, provide you with a path to complete your mission here on earth.

If you are like me, you probably have an idea that life is much more than what you might see at the moment.  If you are like me, you most likely have this gut feeling that there is something that you were placed here to do.  If you are like me, you are waiting for a sign, waiting for a door to be opened, or simply waiting for direction.  The simple fact that you know that you know that there is something for you to do is really the first step in the process.  Sadly, there are many who never come to the understanding that there is something for them to do, something that they were created for.  Today I want to shed some light on what that something might be, and encourage you to step out into it.  

There's this fallacy floating around that we are just here willy nilly.  There are people who feel as though that life in general is nothing more than going through the paces, being born, living for a specific period of time, and then departing this existence for the afterlife.  Now while this scenario may be correct, there is a part of life that many have yet to figure out, yet to accept or acknowledge, and that part is the main reason you brought here in the first place. I don't care who you are, where you came from, when all is said and done there comes a time when you are going to have to decide if you are going to walk in your destiny, or simply go through life ignoring what has undoubtedly been haunting you for years and years.  Let's be honest for a moment and state the obvious: everyone alive, past, present, and future was brought here with a mission, a purpose.  While many will go through life ignoring this calling, it is still there, and it is waiting for you to embrace it.  

I see so many people who go through life feeling trapped in a profession that they would give up in an instant if only they had a way out, or something to take its place.  If you are driving to work on a Monday Morning just praying that your place of employment has burnt to the ground, I think it's a fair assessment that you are not doing what you were created to do.  I get people feel trapped in their current job because of various financial responsibilities they have, the mortgage, tuition, and the like.  These things in no way change the fact that you have been created to do something very specific, and the sooner you know this, or at least accept this, the sooner you can step out into those things you were created to do. 

How many people do you know who have asked the question, Is this as good as it gets?  I've got to tell you that asking this question is a sure sign that you have yet to pick up on those dreams and passions inside of you.  I'm not pointing fingers, nor am I judging.  I just know that until such time as you can accept your Divine Calling, everything else in life is going to pale in comparison to what you truly want and desire.  When you know that you know that there has to be more to life than what you might be experiencing in the moment, that is the time when you just may open up to what is inside of you to do.  Let me ask you this simple question: if you could be doing anything right now, without regard to schooling or money, without regard to location or various resources, what would it be?  If you could start all over and do that one thing that you are passionate about, what would it be?  

I learned a long time ago what I was destined for, what my destiny was, but I can assure you it didn't come easy.  I had become what I did, and what I owned, and that is how I measured my worth.  It took loosing it all to realize that I wasn't what I drove, where I lived, or what I did for work. Was the transition easy? No not really, it actually kind of sucked at the beginning, but boy am I glad I went through it.  I learned who and what I was, and it allowed me to accept my destiny.  Each of you will have to make that decision at some point, if you haven't already.  Life changes dramatically when you finally decide to do what is in your heart to do.  Life changes because you have begun to focus on your purpose, and not on what others expect of you, or think you should be doing.

Most people agree that change kind of bites.  Most people fight change because they have never been brought into the loop as to the reason for change.  Most idiot employers simply say do this or do that, almost always contrary to the current way of doing something, but seemingly omitting the reason for the change.  This is an absolute formula for disarray, confusion, and ultimately a break down in morale.  However, when the reason for a change is broadly disseminated it is easier to accept, and there is far less turmoil.  Such is life when we are faced with changing everything we thought we knew, and instead picking up on what is really your purpose, and not the purpose that others have picked out for you.  Will you have the ability to leave everything behind and step out into your new reality?  Some will be able to make the shift easily, others will only go kicking and screaming.  No matter what your path is to your destiny, the end will always be as it was intended, and that ending will be a thing of beauty.

When you know that you know that you have a destiny, then the journey to it is something you can smile about, enjoy, and ultimately be fulfilled by it.  So given the option to stay where you're at, you know that place that you hope burns down one day, or stepping out into what drives you, inspires you, fills you with excitement, what is the better option in your opinion?  

I alone cannot make you decide.  I can encourage, I can motivate, I can even kick you in the backside from time to time, but what I can't do is make the decision for you.  As much as I'd like to scream from the Mountain Top to anyone who will listen "Wake Up", even then there will be those who are deaf to what I am saying or encouraging others to step out into.  Do yourself a favor and simply think about what I am saying today.  I don't expect someone to literally walk into their HR Department Monday Morning and quit.  If however you feel as though there is more to life than what you are experiencing at the moment, then simply open yourself up to the possibility of other doors opening for you to step through.  

When you know that you know that you have a destiny, then change can come, and that change can be embraced.  When you know that you know that you have a destiny,  your new perspective on things will be turning on the light and having the darkness go away.  When you know that you know that you have a destiny, well let's just life is going to get interesting pretty darn quickly.  Might I suggest that you open yourself up to the possibility that change is good, destiny is yours, and the sooner you step out into that destiny, the sooner you can see how great life really is.  Think about it, but don't too much time, people need what you have to offer.



1 comment:

  1. Do you know the Peggy Lee song, Is That All There Is? This blog post made me think of it. My heart has always been in helping others and I want to continue helping others. So I'm ready for what's to come. Thank you for all of your encouragement, love, kindness...so appreciated!

    ReplyDelete