Saturday, November 12, 2022

Before it's too late, you need to decide.

https://www.vecteezy.com/free-photos
What is the difference between trust and truth?  Is there a difference between truth and trust?  Can anyone live a full and productive life void of truth and trust?  Lastly, how does an individual incorporate truth and trust into their daily regiment?  Now what I am about to explain may fly in the face of "Normal Thought", but just hang in there with me, and I do believe you will go away with a new understanding.

I think most people would say that trust is earned.  We as humans find it hard to trust someone we don't know.  We as humans find it hard to trust someone who may have done us wrong in the past, or who has proven themselves untrustworthy.  Truth on the other hand is entirely in the eyes of the beholder so to speak.  One man's truth is another mans fallacy.  To most people the earth is round, to others it is flat.  They claim science is behind both options, but one believes one, and the other believes just the opposite.  At the end of the day their truths are different, but it is their truth.  Most people will tell you that truth needs to be proven out.  But in reality many also believe that trust is equally in need of proof, especially if we don't trust a person or situation.    So here's a mind buster, should we trust truth?  

Why do you think it's so important to have both trust and truth in our lives?  Then again, maybe you don't.  I personally think life would completely suck were it void of both truth and trust.  How would it be if we walked around all day trusting no-one?  I mean you would eventually get to the point where you would only think that everyone else on the planet was out to get you, and man that would completely ruin your day.  What about this:  if you had no trust in anything, basically a lack of faith in anything, would there be any reason to go on with life?  How bad would it be if all you saw in life was falsehood, darkness, hate, and discontent?  All of these things I just listed is simply because a life is void of trust.  Let me ask this:  Is it possible to trust something that hasn't been proven out, meaning it's not truth to you?  It's safe to say that something that hasn't been proven out is going to be nearly impossible to trust.  

But just for fun, let's throw something else into the mix.  What about faith?  Does trust take faith?  Does truth take faith?  Can you you have one without the other?  Here's how I see it, and in full disclosure, these are just my thoughts, so take them as you will.  When we talk about faith and trust, don't you have to have faith to believe in someone else, someone who you might not know all that well?  So if you don't know them that well, do you trust them emphatically?  I guess you could say you have to have faith that someone is going to be trustworthy until they give you a reason not to trust them.  Let's look at truth for a moment.  If something has not been proven to you beyond a reasonable doubt is faith enough to get across the finish line of believing in it?  Let's look at an example I used earlier, Round Earth verses Flat Earth.  Now I have no real knowledge of what Flat Earthers are talking about.  To be perfectly honest, I simply don't know, and based on that, can I really say with absolute truth, and believe it, that the earth is flat?  I can't, but once again I could be proven wrong.  

I say all the previous to say this:  We have to have both truth and trust in our lives, and that comes with an element of faith attached to it.  Is it risky to have absolute trust in something?  Yeppers!! I trust that I'm going to wake up tomorrow morning.  Can I say that without doubt, of course, and most would answer the same way, but is there not an element of faith in all of it?  I mean is there any guarantee?  We can trust in things, but that trust is always going to be associated with faith.  We can believe something is truth, but once again associated with faith.  I've said before that there is a huge distinction between having faith in something, and simply hoping for something.  "Gee, I hope I can trust this person."  "Oh I so hope this is true."  These two phrases are littered with doubt, and doubt is not faith, and in the absence of faith is anything really ever going to happen?  

I want to believe, but it will take faith.  I want to see truth in everything, but once again faith.  Faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.  I have trust and truth operating in my life, but I also have faith.  The three are all needed, and if any is missing in your life then you are going to miss out.  Keep this in mind, what you see with your natural eyes is not always truth.  Truth comes with a need for decrement.  Our eyes can play tricks with us, so decrement us an absolute must.  

So why have I brought this subject up today?  There is much going on around us these days.  We are entering a period of awakening, and with such a thing we are going to have to define what is truth, what is fiction.  We will have to decide to trust something, or toss it away.  We absolutely are going to have to decide what is right for us and what is wrong.  Each step of this journey is going to have to be walked in faith.  As humans we inherently want to trust others.  We want to believe that everyone is being truthful with us, and there is no reason to doubt their sincerity or honesty.  We place faith in so many things in our life, and attaching faith to truth, and trust, is an absolute must.  

So let me ask you again, should we trust truth?  Should we believe that others around us are inherently good, and also want the best for us, or does this come across and raise to a level of mistrust?  Only you can come to your own conclusion.  There is no doubt that we need both truth and trust operating in our daily lives, but that means we must also have faith operating.  Faith is always going to be the cornerstone.  Faith in love, faith in life, faith in our Creator.  If you have no faith, can you have trust and truth?  

Let me end with this, and this comes from a very personal experience.  Many have been hurt in the past, and that hurt has caused us to trust less, and see everything in relationship to that hurt as untruth.  I get how difficult it is to trust someone once that trust has been broken.  That being said, let he who is without sin cast the first stone.  We are all going to make mistakes, we are all going to fail someone one day.  There is a huge difference between doing something by accident, and doing it with malice.  If we are unable to forgive, and yes even forget, we will be wrapped up in that hurt for the rest of our lives, and then there will never be trust and truth again.  We've all done things that we wished we hadn't, and hopefully there were people around who could accept that and see you as you really are, and not based on what may have transpired previously.  I've never tried to hurt someone on purpose, that's not to say people haven't been hurt by something I may have done.  I would hate to think they may be holding a grudge for something that was never intended.  That type of unforgiveness will do more harm to you then you could ever imagine.  I know this might be off topic a bit, but when I'm prompted to write something, I obey that prompting.  

Truth and trust are so important, and it ties in with faith, which is something that can never be forgotten.  Truth is truth, trust is trust.  No matter how you look at it, you have to decide how important they are to you, and if you want it present in your life.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment