Sunday, May 29, 2022

They just couldn't quite wrap their head around it...

vecteezy_7314350_570.jpg
It's the final Sunday in May, and that means that this will be my last blog for the summer.  It's always bitter sweet when this day comes because as much as I love writing, I equally love my annual hiatus, which in truth is just a period to unwind, unload, and otherwise calm my mind as much as possible.  However, that being said, I want today's blog to open your eyes, and hearts, to something I may not have talked about before, but really feel a need to cover it.  I would like to preface my words with this:  we live in challenging times.  Many of these challenges have hit people hard, and I mean hard in so many different ways.  I have seen families divided.  I have witnessed otherwise adult people act in juvenile ways that would make a parent blush.  I feel the pain that so many are experiencing.  What I want to do is suggest a few things that hopefully will answer many questions that have been circling about in your mind. 

I was participating in a discussion on a National Platform yesterday afternoon, that ended quite late, at least at the point that I left the conversation, it was late into the evening.  Sadly I left the talk because it had taken on a different feel.  Early on during the initial time of discussion it was uplifting, challenging at times, but otherwise full of love, appreciation, and mostly unconditional and non-judgmental love.  Sadly, in my opinion, and mine opinion only, the feel of the room changed.  What caused this change you might ask?  People came in with an agenda, their own agenda, and their own belief system.  Now, everyone has the right to their own opinion, and everyone has the right to their own beliefs.  What I witnessed were people who had already tried, convicted, sentenced, and hung the criminal before there even was a criminal.  I witnessed people so set in their beliefs that there was not a chance in hell that you could even rationalize with them as to possible different outcomes.  I'm not going to go into intricate details, but what I want to do is simply offer up an alternative solution, and allow you to choose.

Most everyone believes in a god.  Whether you call God a him, or her, whether you call God Spirit, or Source, it all comes down to a Creator.  I hope we can at least agree to this premise.  Most people believe that the bible is the inspired word of God, set down as a guideline to life.  So with that said, I would think that those who believe the bible, equally believe that God provided us his word, believe that God did this to teach us, and allow us to grow.  So if God is the same yesterday, today, and forever, and if God gave us the words of the bible to teach, does it not seem logical that God is still in the business of teaching people with his words today?  If, going down little deeper, God was still wanting to teach, is it not possible that what people are learning today is equally as important as those words written ions ago?  I only say this because of what I witnessed on the call.  

Let me use an analogy.  Let's say you are in an elementary math class, there to simply learn the basics.  You have to learn that 2 plus 2 equals four, before you can figure out the area under a curve in calculus.  You've got to start small and end big. Bear with me, and I think you will see where I am going with this.  If we take the analogy of going one step at a time, increasing our knowledge along the way, we would have to agree that we are always learning.  If we are always learning, obviously there have to be those around who can teach.  Before you had airplanes, did we have people who could tear apart an airplane engine and put it back together?  Of course not because there were no planes.  So, how could one learn about something before something was created?  So here's my question to each of you:  if we are always learning, if we need people around who can teach, doesn't it make sense that just maybe God is inspiring others to continue to write down his words for later generations to learn from?  Isn't it kind of narrow minded to believe that God has nothing else to teach us?  I'm not taking away from the bible, not in the slightest.  What I'm doing is suggesting that maybe, just maybe God the Creator of the Universe still may be trying to teach us, but teach us from a different level, a level that can only be seen with spiritual eyes?  If God is still trying to teach us, then maybe, just maybe, he is also trying to bring us to a new level, with new words.  I personally believe it's absolutely idiotic to think that God in the perfection of God is done providing us guidance.  I'm sorry if this offends someone, but putting in a box by blatantly saying that your way is the only way, is in my opinion stupid and ignorant.  The hate mail will probably flow, but this is my belief, and you of course can believe what is in your heart to believe.

I guess I am saying all that to say this:  "Lighten up Francis".  OK, my attempt at humor.  If anyone remembers the movie "Stripes", you will get my joke, but I digress.  There are people who believe in prophets.  I'm not here to sway anyone one way or the other.  But let's assume prophets are real, and didn't disappear at the end of the Apostolic Era.  If we took the inspired word of God and put it down on parchment, to teach future generations, then why couldn't the same thing be happening now?  Why can't we accept the premise that God is still trying to teach us? Face it, we live in different times, with different things, might it be necessary to also teach about these differences?  I'm sorry, but I just can't accept that we have nothing else to learn, but more importantly that there is still a need to write down what Spirit is saying. But this is simply "New Age Crap" so say those stuck in their limited beliefs.  When we stop the ability to learn, accepting that there is nothing else to learn, I will promise you, you are screwed.  

So here we are at a crossroads again.  Do we go down the path that limits us, or do we go down a path that continues to grow us, educate us, inspire us, and brings us to new levels? I'm sorry but if you feel this is all there is, nothing else to learn, nothing else to be taught, then I feel you will miss out on some pretty remarkable stuff.  Remember, we just might be in the generation that was designated for now, because we were ready to take the next step in our evolutionary development.  I don't mean evolving into something different than human, I mean evolving in our knowledge and accepting our gifts and callings.  When we limit God, we limit ourselves, those around us, and the rest of humanity.  When we tell God that we know best and he or she had better not think about ever adding any new words to the other inspired words of God, then you have just made a mistake of such monumental proportions it's unreal.  

Open yourself up to the possibility that there are new things coming.  Be open to hear what is happening, why it is happening, and most importantly, what your place is in what is going on right now.  I have not idea what is going to go on during my time away, but I bet it is going to be fantastic.  I leave you with this blessing:  Be bold, Be strong.  Never back down, never be afraid, and walk in the power and glory of your creator.  We have won already, now it's time to bring the victory to the rest of the world.



No comments:

Post a Comment