Sunday, October 17, 2021

Hopscotch; is your life erratict?

https://www.vecteezy.com/free-photos
We think of Hopscotch as a kids game.  Now I haven't played it in years, and I do mean years.  What I want to talk about today is the word "Hopscotch", but what I want to focus on is the verb side of it.  When used as a verb it means to skip from place to place, or move erratically. Many people find themselves in Hopscotch Hell these days.  They aren't sure what direction to go.  They start, they stop, they start again.  They go left, they turn right, they go in circles.  Many people are simply walking or running around like a chicken with its head cut off.  The simple question from others is why?  Why no direction?  Why so crazy?  Why, why, why?  People are asking themselves this very same why question.  Why is this happening?  Why can't I do this, or do that?  Why can't I seem to get ahead of anything?  Well maybe it's time to simply stop, take a deep breath, and realize that as creators we have a role in what is happening, and in what will happen.  I want you to just relax for a few minutes and let what I am about to share with you settle into your consciousness, and simply rest in the knowing.

When I set out on my journey as an author I didn't think of it in terms of being an author, I thought about it simply as hoping someday I would be able to get published.  What I didn't realize, or at least wasn't able to grasp yet, was the fact that I was already a writer.  There was no becoming an author, I simply had to accept the fact that I was one already.  When a puppy is born, does it have to become a dog?  When they manufacture a car, did it come off the assembly line as anything else but a car?  You are what you are, and even if there is a period of adjustment, a period of growing into something, that thing that you are is already fully developed in you, even if you don't see it.  The mistake that most people make is they miss what is really ordained for them, and instead try to fill the voids in their life with things that are anything but what should be driving them.  You were born for a specific reason, and until such time as you can identify what that one thing is, you better sit tight and relax. There are plenty of people doing things, and having a certain amount of success with what they are doing, but does that mean they are doing what they were born to do?  If you fail to step into your destiny, there is going to be a void in your life that cannot be filled with anything that will completely satisfy you.  Trust me, I have tried to fill my voids with things only to walk away from situations still feeling empty, unfulfilled, and directionless in life.  It really does suck when you know deep inside there is something you are supposed to do in life, and yet you haven't the foggiest notion of what that one thing is.  

If you find yourself on that Hamster Wheel just spinning around, and going nowhere, or just in circles, why not just step off the wheel and simply ask the key question?  I've said this before, but I want to repeat it simply because repetition is often what is needed. We have not because we ask not, and we ask not because we simply don't believe.  Many don't believe they have a destiny.  Many don't believe that they have a purpose.  Certainly everyone has passion, but then they feel as though passion could never lead to destiny, and that is just plain wrong.  Passion does lead to destiny simply because the passion that was placed in you was placed there to get you to your destiny.  Think about this: if you could be doing the one thing that brings you absolute joy, and you could be doing it forever, wouldn't you choose to do it?  Too many people people see passion as something frivolous.  They see passion as something that is meant just for a few moments in life.  This is so wrong on so many different levels. Far too many people equate passion as something that is fleeting, only momentary.  My passion for writing is anything but fleeting.  Once again, I am not an author because I want to be an author, I am an author because that is what I was created for.  Your calling, your passion, your purpose, is why you are here.  You can't change the reason you are here.  Certainly you can run from it.  You can choose not to accept it.  You can even put something in its place.  However, if you do any of this, you will be walking away from the real you, and you will be playing hopscotch the remainder of your life. 

Although it took me a very long time to accept who I was, what I was, that didn't change the fact that what I was has always been, and will always be.  Even though I ran from the real me for years, it was inevitable that I would one day walk in my destiny.  My hope for each of you is that you discover your destiny, accept your passions, and move forward without wasting a single day.  When one begins to "Be", and no longer wonders "What", then and only then can we lay down doubt, walk away from uncertainty, and stop the continuous back and forth of a hopscotch world.  Don't ever doubt that you have purpose, that you have passion, and that you have a destiny.   We were all created from love, and this indisputable fact is what should govern your life.  When we share those things that are the best of us, when we walk in our greatness, we then open up the realm of possibility in our lives.  When we walk in peace, run with passion, we begin to see the "Why" of our existence.  You are not here simply to take up space.  

As I write this I am listening to a song by Michael Wayland called " I have loved you a thousand lifetimes." You can find it on youtube.  Do me a favor and pul it up, listen to it as you read this again, and let it take you on an adventure.  Allow it to speak to you.  You have been loved for a thousand lifetimes, and it is because of this love that you are presently here.  You have a mission to accomplish, and that mission is not merely going in circles.  Your mission is to change the face of humanity.  No matter how big or small your role may be, the importance of you walking in your destiny can never be overstated.  There is nothing small about you.  There is nothing that can ever take away from your reason for being here.  It is time that you walk in all those things that you were intended to walk in.  Know this:  greatness never came from desire, never came from effort. Greatness is what was placed in you from the very beginning of time.  All you need to do is accept the greatness in you.  Yes you may have to put in some effort to get to your destiny, but it is never going to be predicated on anything other than the fact that your destiny is your destiny.  You can never change the reason for your being.  It is time to accept your calling, and in doing so, release unto the world all the best that is in you.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment