Sunday, January 3, 2021

It's like training a new puppy.

 

http://www.flickr.com/photos/32822108@N08/6154543116

The excitement of a new puppy.  My husband decided to stop by one of the local shelters the other day.  His eyes met hers, and as they say spirit is spirit, karma is karma, and energy is energy.  He asked me if he did the right thing by bringing her home, and the only answer I could give was a big yes.  His spirit was telling him that our "Dolly" needed and deserved to have a forever home with us.  After all, there is plenty of love to go around. The universe can and will orchestrate some pretty wild and amazing things if you will let it.  Certainly there are some growing pangs that we are having to go through.  We have a three year old Shepard/Lab mix named Lucy who is having a little difficulty with the new sister.   Having been the queen of the household for these three past years, this is very new territory for her.  That being said, no one can tell me that animals can't feel, don't love, and certainly don't need to feel secure.  The thought of her being euthanized in less than a week was enough to have my husband make the decision, a decision that I stand by with out reservation.  

OK, a long intro, but an intro into what I think this next year is going to be like for each of us, if we remember just a few simple things.  Puppies take work.  They need love, and they want to feel secure.  They will show you unconditional love, and that love is really not based on anything other than the fact that they know nothing else.  If your life is so organized and you are not one to upset or flip over the apple cart, then don't get a puppy.  Puppies need attention, and that attention takes time.  That attention takes patience, and that attention may or may not fit into your organized life.  I say all that to say this:  it's time to be flexible, and it's time that you let things happen as they need to happen. If you are the type who is used to getting up at the same time each day, going to bed at the same time every evening, and every minute of your day is scheduled out, well, don't get a puppy.  Sadly if your life is so regimented that there is no margin for change, then what you experience this upcoming year may in fact upset your apple cart.  I don't get the sense that 2021 is going to be like 2020, as a heavy sigh of relief is heard across the collective planet.  But what I do expect is that things will be settling into place for what is about to happen all around us.  We've been talking about an awakening for quite some time.  This awakening is going to happen, and some pretty amazing things are gong to come from it.

Let's go back to the puppy analogy, and see how your puppy, and your year may shape up.  Dogs are loyal, and that loyalty began the moment you accepted it into your home.  Dogs/puppies know when they are accepted into the fold.  Have you allowed yourself to be accepted into the fold of Universal consciousness and the collective?  We are all connected, but unless you accept this premise, you are always going to be one step out of sync.  If you can't anticipate a puppies needs, i.e. when it has to pee or poop, you are going to end up with a mess on your hands.  A puppies schedule is not in stone, and it is nothing less than something fluid and flexible.  You need to be fluid and flexible anytime you take a puppy home, but this flexibility is what will allow you to roll with the punches, and then what seems like an impossibility, is something that is very possible.  This upcoming year is going to take flexibility on your part.  We are entering a time when what used to be normal is no longer the case.  How we see things, what we feel, what we say, is going to dictate where we go, and how we get there.  

I've observed people who will get a puppy, but when they realize the amount of work involved with training, raising, nurturing, they decide they no longer want to accept the responsibility, and opt to get rid of this rich blessing.  I know there are going to be a few difficult moments as we attempt to get Lucy to accept Dolly.  But I see the end, and I don't much worry about anything before that.  I look into each dog's eyes, and I also communicate with their spirit letting them know we have enough love for each of them, and each of them will always have our love.  If you are ever going to really reach your point of fulfillment, your moment of "I've made it", you are going to have to realize that there will be moments of difficulty.  There may be times when you will need to change things up, as unnerving as that is to some people.  Flexibility I think is one of the new buzz words for this upcoming year.  Flexible enough to change when change is require, and an open heart to know that change is good.  

So why bring in the puppy stories today?  You never know what a puppy is going to need, and you may not know what a puppy is going to do.  You may just have to respond, and respond the best way you know how to.  Even the best dog trainers on the planet realize that there is an element of "OMG" when it comes to training a dog.  It is this flexibility, this ability to adapt, that is going to help you through out this next year.  This is a building year ahead.  This is a year to get into position all those things that are going to be required in the not too distant future.  That's not to say that blessings are going to be void this year.  On the contrary, blessings are ripe for the picking.  I know that every year there is an anticipation of what lies ahead.  Faith and hope is what forms most expectations at the beginning of each year.  A faith and hope that things will be different from the past.  A faith and hope that you will finally reach your goals.  A faith and hope that what you know in your heart to be true will finally manifest into your life.  It is this faith and hope that helps me work with Dolly and Lucy each day.  I know they will be licking each other in just a short period of time.  I know that they will be playing and loving, and protecting each other.  It is this faith and hope that I take into my everyday life, because it is this faith and hope that has gotten me to this very point in time.  

I'm not telling you to go out and get a puppy, but there are plenty that need forever homes that's for sure, my little public service announcement.  What I'm trying to say this morning is don't be inflexible this year.  Roll with things and accept things that come up.  The biggest blessings come from the biggest challenges. We gain in knowledge each time we are placed into a new situation, but this knowledge is what you will need for whatever comes your way.  

So here's my wish for you as I complete the first post of 2021.  I send you love and light.  I set the expectation that you will be fully equipped to handle whatever this year has in store for you.  I touch your spirit with my spirit, and I unleash the potential in you.  There are mountains to climb, and peaks to reach, and let me tell you the view from the top is spectacular.  Blessings to each of you, and know that I am but a message away if you ever want to chat.




No comments:

Post a Comment