Sunday, December 27, 2020

If you want to see what 2021 is going to be like, simply look in the mirror.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/87063841@N00/4
Well here it is, the last posting of 2020.  Some may be saying hooray, others may be just a bit sad, and others, well others are kind of like what this past year has been like, happy to get it over with, and wondering what the next year will bring.  As I was contemplating what to write about I couldn't get my mind off the fact that no matter what has been happening around us, we still control what is going to happen.  The simple truth is that if in fact you want to see what the next year is going to be like, simply look in the mirror and your reflection will tell you all that you need to know.

What do you see when you see yourself in the mirror? Looking at yourself in the mirror is kind of like when someone wants to take your picture.  Some love getting in front of the camera, i.e. selfie, selfie, selfie.  Others run from the camera, as if it were capable of stealing your soul.  What I want you to do today is see the beauty that is reflected back to you from the mirror.  I have another book coming out in early spring title, The 40 Greatest Lessons of Life.  In one of the chapters I talk about beauty, and what beauty really is, and not what it isn't. If you are not able to see the beauty that is the real you, not just the surface, then does it really matter what is being reflected back to you from the mirror?  My point in saying this is that you need to see all of you, the real you, the authentic you, the unique you in the mirror, and when you do that, then you will see what the next year is going to be bringing to you.  

Do you think that God, in his/her infinite wisdom, would simply drop you here on this planet to let you suffer eternally?  Do you think that the reason you are here is simply to learn every difficult lesson in life by going through difficult situations?  Now we may think that the case, but in reality it simply isn't true.  Those who believe that they are suffering for a greater cause are simply fooling themselves.  We were placed here to create.  We were placed here to have dominion over things.  How many people do you know who have taken control of the situation and are walking in their full power?  I dare say not many, and truth be told, I'm not there yet.  I try each day, and each day gets easier and easier to navigate my chosen path, but I struggle with things just like everyone else.  But here's one thing I don't do, I don't see the glass as half empty.  I don't see things as if the end of the world were coming, or that there is bad lurking around every corner.  

If you are looking for joy in 2021 begin by accepting joy in your life.  The mighty oak tree started out as an acorn, and the world wasn't created in one day.  Things may take time to germinate, to blossom, to grow, but rest assured they will mature, and things will happen before your eyes that will astonish you, if you will simply accept the truth that you are a creator.  So let me ask you, do you see a creator reflected back to you from the mirror?  Do you see yourself in all your natural beauty, with all your wonderful abilities?  If not, why not?  2020 sucked for so many people.  Many went through the ringer.  Some lost most of what they had worked for their entire life, and some are still struggling.  In those difficult times it is nearly impossible to see the good in things, but here's where the rubber meets the road, you have to see the good in things.  Each experience is a teaching moment, and what you learn from each moment is meant for something that is going to happen again in the future.  Too many people are living from a place of defeat.  Too many people have given up the fight, have lost hope, have simply decided it's not worth it.  I will tell you that these same people have failed to see their true selves in their own mirror.  They have failed to recognize their greatness.  They have never stepped out and operated in their full power.  

I don't make New Years Resolutions.  I have goals, I have dreams, but I also live one day at a time, doing what I feel is best for each day.  Don't misunderstand, I have plans, but they are as fluid as they come, and they will change as situations dictate.  Too many people get locked down in what they want, unable to make any changes for fear they will loose it all.  There's no such thing as loosing it all until you take your final breath.  If you have the freedom to adapt, the ability to move things around, the desire to keep things always changing, then you will have found one of the keys to happiness.  It is only when you have cemented your ways that life really gets difficult when change comes, and believe me change will come to everyone.  The greatest gift you could offer yourself is the gift of courage.  Courage to take on each day.  Courage to ignore all the false talk that goes on around you.  Courage to simply stand in what you know is truth and not worry about what others think or say about you.  Plenty of people probably think I'm nuts because I believe in my power.  I believe I am a creator.  I know who and what I am.  Let them think what they want, I at least am free to soar with the eagles.

2021 will be what you make it.  2021 will begin with how you see yourself.  2021 will bring you all you desire.  Be warned, make sure you desire the right things.  Believe it or not, there are people out there who really do desire misery, don't ask me why, victims, love being victims.  Begin today by simply appreciating what is in your life right now.  Look around you, there has to be something you are thankful for.  Find one thing and simply smile, knowing that it is in your life.  I love our new home.  I love my husband, our dog, my ability to write.  I appreciate what I have, and I look forward to what will happen with the new book this year.  You have to accept goodness in your life.  You have to expect great things.  If you are always waiting for the other shoe to drop, I promise you, it will drop sooner than later.  There's a saying that is often said, why do bad things happen to good people.  Some will even question why good things happen to some of the meanest people on the planet.  Things happen because they have to happen.  We learn from things, and if at first you don't succeed, you will have ample opportunity to learn the lesson again, and again, and again, until you pick up on the right message.  

2020 was a precursor to 2021, but not in the way that many portray it.  If you have been able to find joy in 2020, no matter how small that joy may have been, then you will find joy in 2021.  If on the other hand you feel like "what's the use.", then you just might have a more difficult time navigating the upcoming year.  Don't fall prey to what others around you are saying.  Focus on the mirror, look at your reflection, and see beauty, see strength, see perfection, and know that there is nothing, and I mean nothing that is more powerful than you.  You have been equipped for this journey since the beginning of time.  Look into your eyes and see them reflect back to you.  Look into your soul and know that inner self is there to guide your steps.  If you will take your rightful place at the beginning of this new year, then you will be in your rightful place at the end of the year, and then the cycle begins.  2021 will be magnificent, if you will see that magnificence in you right now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment