Sunday, February 23, 2020

The Artist, a painter, sculptor, the writer.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/90955804@N04/35185870894
It all begins with a clean canvas, a block of granite, a blank page.  It all begins with nothingness, and in the end a masterpiece, a priceless example of form, an essay of epic proportion.  Such is the life of an artist.  Such is the life of each human being.  We begin as nothingness and end up as something truly phenomenal.  What I would like you to think about today is what are you going to put on your canvas, carve into your granite, or write down on your page.  Truth be told, you have the decision in all of it.  You design your life.

We've been made to believe that we simply exist.  We go about our day experiencing things that others say we need to experience.  We have expectations that have been forced on us by others.  We often believe that we have no choice when it comes to living, and that our days are numbered the moment of our birth.  This my friends is utter nonsense, and today I want you to think bigger, live bigger, enjoy bigger, and love like there was no tomorrow.  When you think, live, enjoy, and love life, you begin to paint your portrait.  Your essay will depict a life full of greatness.  Your words will suddenly paint of picture of warmth, of comfort, and most assuredly, your words will usher in a life that is far superior than anything you could even imagine.

I've lived the better part of my life always wondering why I was just a little outside of the box.  Why did I see things a little differently than others?  Why do I feel so deeply about certain things, and try as I might unable to let go of my dreams?  If you had told me fifteen years ago that I would be a published author I would have thought you nuts.  If you had told me ten years ago that I would still be writing this blog, I'd of thought you mad.  I love writing.  It is my happy place.  When I sit down to write, all cares, all worries, all concerns, slip away into the background.  Such is the life of a writer that loves his trade, and such is my life each time I am fortunate enough to sit down to write.  What I desire for each of you reading this, is that you find this place in your life.  It matters not what your passion might be, what matters is that you follow your passions.  Trust me when I tell you this: if you do not boldly hold on to your passions, you are forever going to feel as though something is missing in your life, and you will always be on a search for something, that quite frankly is right under your nose.

Since moving to Texas with my husband, and our dog, I have been going through a shift.  This shift has caused some mild discomfort, but that comes with any change.  This shift has also brought a new awareness.  Like anything new in life, we often approach things with mild trepidation. We can say we want change, but when you come face to face with that change, suddenly we often take a step back to look at the scene unfolding, and not always with a joyful glee.  That being said, I have finally, and I mean finally, after years and years of struggle, found myself in a place where I feel whole.  I find myself in a place where I finally feel worthy.  I find myself in a place where I can say, and maybe for the first time in my life, I am that I am.  I've taken a blank page, a clean canvas, a block of granite, and created something marvelous, something beautiful, something magnificent.  We are all beautiful. We are all magnificent.  We are phenomenal.

We seem to forget that we are spirit first and foremost.  Our spirit is whole. Our spirit is complete.  We may come into this world with nothing, knowing nothing, at least from a human aspect, but our spirit needs no education, no experience, no time to grown.  Our spirit is the artist, the painter, the sculpture, the writer.  If you will listen to, and follow the guidance of your spirit, you will begin to create your masterpiece.  Contrary to what you might think, or what you might have been told, there is an artist in each of us.  You may never paint a portrait, or carve a statue, or write an award winning novel, but that does not make you any less an artist.  Find your passion, and craft your passion.  A life that follows its passion, is a life fully lived.  As a great teacher once wrote, "Don't leave with your music still inside of you."

You may feel as though you have yet to start your work of art.  Don't worry yourself about time, time isn't real.  You begin with accepting those things that you are passionate about and allow the universe to orchestrate your steps.  Acknowledging that you have a calling is the first step.  Accepting the fact that you have a mission is a good first step.  Desiring to walk in what you were created to do, is a monumental fete, and it is one that we are all going to have to decide on.  There really is no such thing as a blank canvas or piece of paper.  Truth be told, the painting is already done.  The book is already written.  What you need to do is allow it to manifest itself in your life.  It is time that you allow life to be created in front of you.  Get out of the way, and allow things to happen, the way they need to happen, and know that goodness will follow. You are an artist.  It's time that you accept this fact, and walk it out.  Your canvas may appear to be empty, but it's not.  Your words may seem insignificant, but they aren't.  You are everything you were meant to be, and now is the time to let it all out.  Create your masterpiece and experience the joy of life.



No comments:

Post a Comment