Saturday, February 8, 2020

Are you a Pied Piper?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8362215@N03/2853418424
Merriam-Webster defines a Pied Piper as a charismatic person who attracts followers, also a musician who attracts mass.  In addition, a Pied Piper is also a leader who makes irresponsible promises.  Now if that isn't going from one side of the spectrum to the other, I don't know what is.  Most everyone has heard of the Pied Piper from Hamelin.  The dude with a multi-colored outfit who uses his magic flute to rid the City of Hamelin of its rat problem, which many feel was the start of the plague.  I don't want to focus on the epidemic, rather what this person did and how he did it.  The question might arise as to why am I writing about this?  I was meditating the other day and I thought about life in general, and how we are faced with so many issues on any given day. Some of our issues are tiny, and some are huge, at least we see them as huge.  Many people have used the Pied Piper in their writings.  Johann Wolfgang von Goeth (a person who I quote quite often in my books), the Brothers Grimm, and also Robert Browning.  Now each of these renowned authors had various reasons to reference this character, but what I want to focus on is the significance of this person's beliefs.

If we are ever going to be in our rightful place we have to start believing that we are deserving of being in our rightful place.  If we are ever going to accomplish our dreams, then we have to believe in those dreams.  If we are ever going to do something great, we have to know of our greatness.  One doesn't need a magic flute in order to do something magical or great.  One need only believe, and act upon those things that are in their heart.   The Pied Piper had his magic flute, but he also had a knowing of what that flute could do, and he used it for its designed purpose.  There are tons of charismatic people, but how many truly believe they can change humanity?  There are tons of outstanding musicians, but how many really believe that music can tame the savage beast?  Sadly, there are many leaders as well who make all kinds of promises with zero intention of ever keeping those promises.  I for one am very leery of those kind of leaders.  This all being said, what I want you to do is look at your dreams, your visions, your feelings, and thoughts, and add that "magic flute" to all of them.  Now I know that this flute is a metaphor, but just for a moment lets looks at all the magic flutes we have, and why they are so important to what you want to accomplish in life.

Spirit would never have given you dreams if the intent was to have you walk away from them, fail in trying to achieve them, or simply make it so impossible that you gave up on them.  If you have a dream, you must believe that you are able to realize them, too completeness.  Dreams are going to fall in line with your abilities, with your true personality, with who you are.  You will never, and should never change who you are in order to accomplish your dreams.  I've seen people scolded in life and told that they need to change their attitude, that their personality needs adjustment.  That, to be totally blunt, is Bull Shite.  Spirit created your personality, the moment you were created.  Stop trying to be something you're not.  I don't mean to sound harsh, but we have allowed people to warp our minds with all kinds of things that don't apply to us.

I have dreams that have yet to be manifested, but that doesn't mean they are any less real.  I have dreams that may seem too big, but that doesn't make them any less real.  I still have dreams that to some degree frighten me due to the grandness of them, but I won't give up on them, and you should never ever give up on yours.  There were many people in Hamelin who didn't believe what the Pied Piper promised to do.  It got so bad that they refused to pay him so as legend has it he used his pipe and took all the children.  Now this story, true fiction, is very much real in as much as the Piper used his magic, and that should encourage you to use your magic.  Remember, we were created to create.  We, all of us, in either this life, or another, have always been intended to have it all.  We were created to walk in blessings, walk in love and light, walk in absolute serenity.  How many people can say that they have done all of this?

The Pied Piper knew what he could do, and he did it.  What you have to do is know what you can do, and do it.  What we don't do, sadly,  is believe that we can do it all.  We are limited in our beliefs because we have been conditioned to only believe certain things, and if your desires, your dreams, your hopes fall outside of what is considered normal, or even possible, then you are foolish for going after these things.  It's time to put what others think aside, and pursue those things you know.  Your heart, the center of your being, knows all, feels all, and believes all.  It does all these things because it is attached to spirit, and spirit is who created you, and created you for a specific purpose.

I want to encourage you to find your magic.  We have gotten away from our joy because we have walked away from our magic.  We have slipped away from our happiness because we have walked away from our magic.  We have settled for second best because we have walked away from our magic.  Do you really think that we have experienced all the goodness life has to offer?  If I were a betting man I would say that only a very small percentage of the world's population is walking in absolute joy.  Fewer are experiencing total happiness.  I, just like you, fall prey to worry, to bouts of doubt, and to feelings of sadness.   What I have learned to do is see me the way spirit sees me.  When I doubt I remind myself that I am that I am.  I am the governing power in this world, and all that spirit has, I have.  My magic flute is in my procession, and I intend to play it with all my might.

So, are you a Pied Piper?  Will you use all that you have,  to do what you were intended to do?  There comes a time when only you can make the decision to be the real you.  Don't you think it's time that the world be introduced to the real you, the authentic you, the over-the-top great you?  I encourage you to walk with your head high, and without regard to what might be going on around you, walk in the knowledge that you have a magic flute, and you will never again fall victim to those who no longer wish to move forward toward their dreams.  Play your merriest of songs, and watch as others follow you.  Play that magical flute and see others flock to your inspiration.  Sound a new song and never doubt that you will change the face of humanity with your melody.  As one of my favorite authors once said, don't leave with your music still in you.  Reach my friends, and know that you will succeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment