Sunday, January 12, 2020

And so it goes.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11980515@N03/9934686604
I love what Robert Frost says, "Life: it goes on".  In every sense of the word, this is truth.  We are infinite beings, and as such we have no end.  Certainly this body is temporary, and it is simply a vessel for this specific time, but our essence, your spirit, is never going to die.  Now focusing on this for a while just might change the way you see things, and if it doesn't then maybe you need to take a step back and think for a bit.

I've fallen victim to asking if this is as good as it gets.  I'm quite confident when I say that I'm not the only person on the face of the earth that has asked this question.  We get wrapped around the wagon wheel at times and it seems like we are going no where.  We get pushed down with burden, and there are times when our load seems too much to bear.  The truth is, no matter what you are going through, life does go on.  There are days when we soar with the eagles, and yes life goes on.  There are times when we don't have the answers we desire, and yet life goes on.  Here's some advice when you see yourself falling into the trap of asking if this is as good as it gets:  take your eyes off of the here and now, start focusing on the eternal.  Your spirit is changeless, it is infinite, it is divine.  The real you is never going to worry if this is as good as it gets, and it already knows that life goes on.  Problem is we as pre-conditioned humans have not truly believed this, so we fall victim to the woe is me moments of life.  Hey, I've been there, so I'm not casting stones that's for sure.  What I had to do was come to the realization of who the real me was, and that is what I have to focus on.

So this of course raises the question who are you?  Are you simply a flesh and blood body?  Are you that successful exec who drives the nice car, has a huge house, and spends tons of money?  Are you that very quiet, eloquent grandmotherly type whose only thought is how do I make life better for those around me?  No matter what type of person you are, knowing the truth of who you are is where life really begins.  Once you understand the significance of your being, the beauty of your essence, the perfection of your design, then and only then can you rejoice over the fact that life indeed does go on.

My dear friends, we are spiritual beings first and foremost.  This body, as I've said before, is only temporary.  That changeless spirit, which is you, is really the only thing that is real.  Our changeless spirit is divine, infinite, and it should be our focus.  When you take your eyes off of the only thing that is changeless in your life, and instead focus on those things that are temporal, you are going to find yourself in a world of hurt.  I can almost bet dimes to donuts, that there's not one of you that haven't been there time and time again.  Let me give you an example, and although it may not be something you experience it will shed some light on what I am talking about.

When I sit down to write I can honestly say that I have no idea what my topic will be.  I simply open myself up to that changeless spirit and start typing.  I have to go back and read what I have written a day or so later so I can fully understand what was put down on paper.  When I try to write from my mind, I often get bogged down, and that's when I get "Writer's Block" .  Well writer's block is what so many people go through in life.  Their mind gets in the way, and they tend to put off listening to that changeless, perfect, infinite, divine essence that is the real them.  Their "Writer's Block" is what stops them from taking the next step.  It is the friction they feel about every day life.  Their "Writer's Block" is what keeps them up at night with worry, or stresses them out throughout the day.  We have to stop living in our minds, and instead be lead by our spirit.

Life will go on, but what will you do with that life, and more importantly, how do you want to live that life?  If you are tired of struggling each and every day, if you are beaten down by the riggers of life, do you think that just maybe it's time you changed things up a bit?  Most of the things we go through in life are a result of what we have created with our words, our thoughts, and our feelings.  Now if you are being governed by thoughts of worry, feelings of sadness, or simply talking about how life sucks, chances are you are going to continue down the same road you currently find yourself on.  If however, you begin to see the real you, the infinite you, the perfect you, I promise you that life will change.  Life will go on, the only question you need to think about is what side of life do you want to be on?  You can be on the side that decides what is going to happen, or you can be on the side that simply goes with the flow, and is just an observer.  I for one desire to be the creator, the director, the conductor of my life.  I am all those things because I am very aware of my true essence, the real me, the never changing me.  I encourage you to think about the real you.  Let go of those things that are not real, and accept all that is real.  When you begin to see the perfection of your being here right now, then you will see the perfection of all things pertaining to the real you.

And so it goes: life will go on.  It's time that you decide that you want to be a part of the beautiful, dynamic, always thrilling life, that you were intended to live since the beginning of time.  It's a wonderful thing knowing that there is no end to you.  When you take the focus off of what we have always thought was reality and place it on what is really real, your changeless spirit, then you will begin to live the life that will see all your desires manifested.  And so it goes, forever, and ever, and ever.


No comments:

Post a Comment