Sunday, December 1, 2019

What if?

Photo by Manasvita S on Unsplash
What would you do with a do over?  What would you do if you could change any one thing?  What if you had taken a right instead of a left?  We've all played the "What If" game during our life.  My question to you today is, is there any benefit to playing "What if"?  Life is short, well short in terms of the years we have here on this planet.  Not so short when you consider that you have been around since the beginning of time in some fashion or form, and will be around until the end of time.  Many will think I've gone off my rocker, but energy doesn't go away, and we are all energy.  However, energy is not my topic of discussion for today.  I may cover that topic at a future date, but for today, what I'm going to be talking about is what are you going to do with your time, and is it really worth your while to worry about what you did or didn't do.  Playing the what if game is quite possibly the biggest waste of time.

Can we be honest for just a moment and agree that there is zero benefit too worrying about what happened yesterday?  For that matter can you ever change something that just took place five minutes ago?  The answer is no.  You can't change it, and hoping that things will change is nothing more than an act of futility.  Exerting any energy to worry about the past is never going to add one second to your life.  I would rather spend my energy looking forward and forget about all the things that weren't.    If you are truly content with your life right now, then it's doubtful that you will spend even the tiniest amount of energy worrying about the past.  If you are confident that you are perfect in your design, that you being here is perfect, then my guess is you are not going to spend a lot of time worrying about what did or didn't happen to you.

I see people everyday who bemoan their life.  Sadly they don't realize that their words, thoughts, and feelings have brought them to the place they currently find themselves in.  There are a million different things that I can look back on and wonder how things would be had I zigged instead of zagged.  I am who I am today because of the things I gone through.  Certainly there have been times in my life when things were anything but painless, but I learned from each situation, and that learning has taught me many lessons that I have grown from.  Instead of trying to reclaim something that has already gone by, why not focus on those things that really matter?  As the picture says, "Life is short. Do stuff that matters."  Fretting over the past is never going to change the past.  Worrying about what didn't happen is not going to change the outcome.

I want to encourage you find your passion and focus on that passion.  Given the option to have a life full of joy and happiness verses dismay and dread is a simple choice.  Yet there are those who refuse to find goodness in all things, and instead settle for what comes their way.  You can create anything your heart desires, and creating quite frankly is the name of the game.  Have you ever just taken the time to call forth the gifting inside of you?  We each have specific talents that have been placed in us for the purpose of walking in our destiny.  Why in the world would you want to ignore those gifts and just let them sit there?  If you had told me 15 or so years ago that I would be a published author I would have thought you nuts.  Yet I sit here this morning doing what I love doing.  This is the "stuff" that matters to me, and this is the "stuff" that fulfills me, and allows me to bring love to the rest of humanity.  There is not a single thing in this world that could ever change what I love doing most.  I get this time each week to just splash around in total joy and happiness.  When you are occupying your time with stuff that matters, I promise you that you will not be focusing on all those things that may have happened last week, last month, last year, or just five minutes ago.

Finding your happy place is easy when you are doing stuff that matters.  So what if you could be doing only things that mattered to you?  What would life be like if all your waking moments were filled with stuff that motivated you, brought a smile to your face and a skip to your steps?  What if you had the ability to bring joy to others simply by doing stuff that mattered to you?  If you are walking in your destiny and doing things that matter I promise you that joy will be present.  You will change lives simply by being in some one's presence.  People know when there is good energy around them and trust me people want good energy, even when they don't realize that that is what they are seeking for.

What if you could be a magnet for all goodness in life?  Would that interest you?  If I told you that you have the ability to create all manner of goodness not only for yourself, but for others, would that make you sit up and take notice?  The first step in this process is start showing that you are grateful for being alive right now, and grateful for all that you have been equipped to do in this life.  There is so much that we should be grateful for and yet there are those who will continue to strive for more never sitting back and just enjoying or appreciating what they have in the moment.  I am grateful for every moment that I get to sit down at my keyboard writing words that I know will help change the lives of those who read what I write.  That's not arrogance talking, that's knowing that I am doing stuff that matters, and doing what I was created to do.  When you feel as though what you are doing has meaning for the rest of humanity and not just yourself, then you will be doing the stuff that really matters.

So what if?  Think about all the things you dream of and start going after them. Dreams are really the stuff that matters.  You have dreams because they are in fact stepping stones to your destiny.  Dreams matter, as do ideas, and things popping around in your imagination.  It is time that you focus on the things that matter and not on what did or didn't happen.  It's time to move forward and stop thinking about all the things that did or didn't happen.  It's simply time to move forward and start doing the things that really matter.  Trust me, you won't regret a single minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment