Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Seasons change, but only when the time is right.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/139523059@N02/25035495559
We enter different seasons throughout the year, and we enter different seasons throughout our life.  Often the two seem to coincide.  We tend to feel better once spring gets here, if for no other reason then to rid ourselves of the cold and snow that the winter threw upon us.  Some people love the summer, others look forward to the fall with all of the colors and the different smells that seem to be around everything.

I look forward to the different seasons, and even though I may prefer one over the other, I do understand the need for each one, and what each one means to me.  It is no different with the seasons we go through in our life.  They are there for a specific time period, and for a specific purpose.  We may not always like what we have to go through when we are going through a different season, but once it's all over, we can sit back and appreciate what we have done, what we have learned, and what we have gained.  You gain something from each season you go through since that is the main reason you are going through it.  Only a fool would discount the learning that each season of your life brings to you.  Sometimes these lessons are very small, sometimes huge, but always there to teach you something, something that you will need later on in life.

I've had many seasons in my life.  I've even been known to repeat seasons from time to time.  I may not always be the easiest person to teach, as I am pretty strong willed, but the seasons we go through are there to teach us, and as I've said so many times in the past, you will continue to go through lessons, until you are wise enough to pick up on what it is you are supposed to be learning.  Let me ask you a question, and I want you to be totally honest with your answer:  would you cut short a particular season for the sole purpose of getting to the next one simply because you think the next one will be better?  I will admit that I am not a fan of the winter months.  That being said, I am not wishing that I end it sooner rather then later, simply because I may not like it.  The universe knows what is best for our world, so I figure why sit and complain about winter, when winter will leave when winter is ready to leave and it has accomplished what it was intended to accomplish.  The seasons of our life are there to teach, and why would you want to end a cycle before you garnered what you were intended to get from the season you are going through?  I get how rocky, how bumpy, and how utterly miserable some seasons can be, but if you look at the purpose behind each one, then you will be able to see the good in each one, and when you see the good, then you are far more able to handle all that may be being thrown at you.

No matter how badly you may want a season in your life to change, it will only change when the time is right, and only when you have learned all that needs to be learned during this period of time.  There are seasons of rest we go through, seasons of change, and seasons of testings.  The testing seasons are the ones we seem to have the most difficulty with, because we often are not sure why we are being tested in the first place.  Just as you will never be able to add or subtract one day of a particular season, i.e. the winter months, you will never be able to shorten a season of your life.  We sometimes think we know more then we do, so you have to have faith that the Universe has everything under control and those things that need to come about will come about.

I'm looking forward to the time when I can once again sport shorts and flip-flops.  I love the summer months, but I know that I will have to get through the time that comes before it.  Each season that comes to us is coming to us to prepare us.  If you desire to take short cuts and not allow the natural flow or order to take place you are only going to mess things up.  Granted we have desires, but those desires will come into existence when the time is right.

I want to encourage you to let go of things, and allow the perfection of the Universe to place things in your life when the time is right, and not necessarily when you want them.  I've tried to outrun or outsmart the Universe, and all is has gotten me is a lot of discomfort.  When you are able to live in the perfection of all that is around you, accept that perfection, and embrace that perfection, then there will never be a time when you will not be able to handle the seasons you find yourself in.

Life is a great thing and each of us deserve, because of our greatness, the best that life has to offer.  When you are able to find rest in whatever situation you find yourself in, then you will be able to handle the changing of the seasons.  Do you remember when winter turned into spring last year?  I can't give you a specific date, but I do remember it happening.  Don't get tide down with specifics all the time.  Let nature have its way, and allow the natural order of things to play out.  When I look back on the seasons I have gone through, I honestly would not change a thing.  I have learned from each one, and with each season that comes and goes, I grow stronger, I am more determined, and to be honest I am thankful for all the lessons that I've been able to learn.

Seasons come and go, lessons come and go, and when you are able to accept this, you will never again worry about what you are going through, because there is always a purpose for things.  Fear not my friends, all will work out for you, but it will only be in the perfect timing of the Universe.  Just rest with the understanding that you are worthy of the perfection that resides in you.





1 comment:

  1. I'm resting in this season of my life, enjoying it, savoring it, and know all is well. Thank you, Scott for the reminder.
    Blessings and Love always.

    ReplyDelete