Friday, March 4, 2016

If at first you don't succeed, trust me, you're in good company.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/55839512@N08/8848742243
We've all been on the other end of success, that being failure.  But failure is never fatal, as long as you never allow a failure to dictate future actions, or even the lack of additional action.  We've all made mistakes, but mistakes are a great teacher and one would do well to learn from mistakes.  Problem arises when we don't learn from our mistakes, and there are many people out there who have never learned this.

Today I want to encourage you to look at things a little differently, and in this new view of things take on an attitude that failure, mistakes, are nothing more then mile markers on your quest for whatever it is you are going after.

There are so many people who out of a fear of failure, or making a mistake, never get started on anything.  They have allowed their concern over missteps to stop the journey even before it has begun.  Face it, there is not a single person alive today who has not made a mistake in the past, or experienced a failure.  Some mistakes and failures are tiny, and others are quite large, but no matter the size, there is always a way to regroup and move forward in anything that you desire.  I wish I could tell you that I have never experienced failure, but alas I have had my share of blunders, yet I am still here, still doing what I love to do, and certainly will experience additional set-backs as the years progress.  The biggest thing I have going for me is an attitude that no matter what is in front of me, I will get to the place I desire, and I will have the results that I dream about.

Failure is mostly mental.  We feel like we have messed up.  We give the impression that all is lost, and then we wonder why things are not going according to plan.  The key to any successful endeavor is to see the end results before you begin, and feel the excitement of attaining what you desire to attain.  We have been exposed to visualization techniques for years, but how many really believe they work, and even if you believe they are something of value, how many have actually tried to incorporate them into their lives?  If you cannot see yourself as successful, you will never have to worry about being successful.  If all you see is defeat, mistake after mistake, and failure, then I can tell you that is exactly what you are going to see in your life.  I'm not saying this to beat you up, or to make you feel less about yourself, I am saying this to get you to change your thought process, and instead of feeling doom and gloom, feel excitement, feel joy, and feel happiness that you are able to do those things that bring you peace and happiness.

I look at people and I don't see smallness.  I look at people and I don't see failure.  When I look at people I see the greatness that resides in them, even if they have never glanced or even accepted the greatness within.  You were not put here on this earth to simply exist.  You are a created being, who has the ability to create as well.  The only thing stopping you from doing this is the awareness that you can do it.  If I could had rid myself of all the conditioning that I have gone through since my birth and only focus on the greatness within me, I would never have had to deal with some of the things I've dealt with in my life.  We live in a world where there is always someone who knows better, or knows more, and they are there every step of the way force feeding this dribble into you.  You are dynamic in nature, and the sooner you come to grips with this, the sooner you can be on your way to achieving all the dreams you have.

It's time to forget what others may have said to you, done to you, and focus on the real you.  It's time to accept the fact that we will make mistakes, we may fail from time to time, but a simple mistake or failure is never going to stop you from getting to the place you were always intended to be in.  I know it sometimes feels like it's impossible to have what you want, to accomplish the things you have in your heart to accomplish, but the truth is that you have those things in your heart because you are supposed to accomplish them.

When you look at any failure or mistake understand that you are in some pretty good company with others who have made mistakes and had failures.  The great divide between those who succeed and those that do not is nothing more then a willingness to get up off the ground and not quit.  I know the words are easy to say, and often getting off the ground after a defeat is anything but easy, but know this: if you stay down, you will remain down.  If you get up, and no matter how hard it may be to pull yourself up, if you get up you then have the opportunity to try things again.  You may have to change things up a bit, but trust me, in the end you will get the results you were hoping for.

Failure as I have said, and as many before me have said, is never fatal, it is never final, and failure is something that we will all have to contend with.  Know this my dear loved ones, the only one who can ever say it's over is you.  Begin to see and feel the success you want.  Send out that positive energy into the Universe, and watch as it comes back to you in measures beyond your wildest dreams.  Remember, when it comes to past failures, you're in very good company, and past failures certainly will never stop you from really experiencing the success that is right in front of you.







1 comment:

  1. I have found that there's no such thing as failure - only experiences. Thanks for writing this, Scott. Blessings and Love always, Deb :)<3

    ReplyDelete