Monday, March 7, 2016

Let's talk about destiny!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/23024164@N06/16879296384
I want to talk about destiny, but before I begin I really want to tell you what destiny isn't.  Destiny isn't something that is only reserved for a few select people.  Destiny doesn't care about color, or sex, or who you love, or even if you happen to drive the nicest car, or live in the biggest house.  Destiny could care less whether you grew up in the Hills of Tennessee, or the Hollywood Hills.  Destiny is not now, nor will it ever be something you can simply go out and buy.  You can't win it at the race track, you can't pick it like the lottery.

Destiny, your true destiny is reserved for you, and only you.  You will never be able to duplicate it with another individual, because your destiny is as unique as the snow flakes of winter, as the grains of sand on the beach.  Your destiny is ultimately linked to your passion, and before you tell me that you don't have a passion, let me assure you that you do.  Your passion may have been quenched by others through out your life.  It may have been stepped on and you were told that you can't make a living following your passion, but I'm here to tell you that that is a load of crap.

There are people all around you that would love nothing more then for others to be as miserable as they are.  They detest anything good happening to others because they have been void of happiness in their own life.  Jealousy, envy, and disdain are all characteristics of someone who desperately wants something better in their own life, but has yet to find it.  Stay away from these people, shower them with love and compassion, but stay away from them if you can.

I had the opportunity to meet a beautiful, young at heart, creative artist just yesterday.  She has been through some trying times, but she is still kicking, still shaking things up, and she knows what is the center of her being.  Spending a few minutes with her was enough to show me the magnificent energy that was all around her.  There was a light in her eyes, and her energy was off the scale.  We talked about destiny and we talked about passion.  I love people with passion, but even more then just passion, I love those who desire to do something with that passion.  If you think that your passion is just a passing thing, something that will go away with a few aspirin, then you are mistaken.  Your true passion will never let go of you, and if you're wise you will incorporate your passion into whatever it is you are planning to do.

Why do you think you have a passion?  Do you think that the Creator of the Universe just put this passion inside of you so you could bemoan it's lack of activity your entire life?  Do you think that Spirit just has a sick sense of humor and wants you to feel inadequate, or simply to always wonder when or if you will ever have what you truly desire?  I promise you that your passions are there for a reason, and the sooner you are willing to follow those things that you are passionate about the sooner you will be living the life you desire.

I tried for years to fill my life with things in an attempt to fill a void that I thought existed.  There wasn't a void so much, as there was a failure to accept those things that I truly desired, that I truly loved, and that quite frankly were the things that made me who I am.  Until you can accept that you have a passion for something, you will never walk in that passion, and if you are unable or unwilling to walk in that passion, then you will forever wonder what life could really be like.  I've had to battle with other people over my passion.  I've been told that I have to have a business plan, and any business has to have something concrete for a person, a consumer, to buy.  I've been told that you can't sell destiny, and that I better find something else to do.  Let me tell you, when someone tells you that you will never make it simply trying to help people find their destiny, it's like a kick in the gonads.  Talk about taking all the wind out of your sails.  Trust me, there are ample people out there who will try, who will succeed at getting you to forget about your passions, and to simply follow the examples of others.  Those examples are of people stuck in a job they hate, living a life they utterly despise, and wondering where all the joy, happiness, and peace is in their life.

Understand this, and never forget: you do have a passion.  You may not have voiced it yet, as many never do, but you have a passion.  If you can simply cut out the negative speak from others, if you can quiet your mind for just a few minutes, then you can hear what your heart is telling you.  If you will simply acknowledge that you have a passion, then you will have taken the first step, and the Universe will reward you will other opportunities to walk in your passion, and with each step you take on your passion's journey, you are one step closer to discovering and walking in your True Destiny.

There is nothing better in life then being able to do what you love most in life.  You could offer me all the money in the world to stop talking about, writing about, and encouraging people to find their destiny, and I would tell you to keep the money.  I am a writer, and I am a motivator.  That's what I love doing, and that is what I've been placed here to do.  What I desire for you is that you find this as well.  Life takes on a whole new landscape when you are where you should be, doing what you should be doing, and doing it with all of your heart.  If I can do anything to help you get there, you just let me know.


1 comment:

  1. Love this, Scott! Yes, finding and fulfilling our destiny leads to immeasurable happiness and joy! Thanks for helping me find mine! <3

    ReplyDelete