Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Isn't it about time?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/46207792@N00/32416309
For the gazillionth time you are sitting at your place of employment just wondering why you are still here.  You can't wait for the weekend so there is just a small amount of relief from the stress you feel each day as the four walls of your office seem to get smaller and smaller with each passing day.  Sunday afternoon rolls around and the only thing you can think about is that you have to do it again tomorrow and what you wouldn't give for it to be Friday again.

This scenario plays out daily in the workplace.  There are so many people out there today who hate what they do, yet feel trapped and don't have the foggiest notion how to change things up.  In a recent survey over 70 percent of the respondents said they hated their job, what they were doing for a living, and wished they could be doing something else.  Truth be told I think 70 is a low number, but I won't argue with the findings.  Suffice it to say there is a crisis in the workplace when over 70 percent of the workers would gnaw off their own arm to get free from the trap they are in.  Isn't it about time that you make the decision that life is too short to be spent doing something you hate, all the while knowing that there is more to you then a simple 8 to 5 thankless job?

When I speak about destiny I'm talking about your passion.  Finding the one thing that would make you happy beyond belief and bring fulfillment to an otherwise unfulfilled life.  Having a boat load of money is not fulfillment.  Neither is having the biggest house, fanciest car, yet that is how most people measure success and fulfillment.  I've had the money, the house, and the car, and still there was an emptiness.  Fulfillment can only come to you when you are doing the one thing you were placed here to do.  If you think you are on this planet simply to take up space, then you are delusional.  If you think there is not a purpose for you being here, then you are as crazy as a shit house rat, pardon the vernacular.  What I am saying is that you have a purpose, and if you will finally admit that you are passionate about something, you just might find that the two go hand in hand.

I've encountered so many people, since I began my journey, who have given up on their dreams.  They have allowed the careless and thoughtless words of others rob them of the one thing that would make them most happy.  I've said this so many times in the past, if your passion is to be a professional bungee jumper, then by god become the best jumper there is, and don't worry about what others might say or think.  It's not their life, it's yours, and the only way you are ever going to fully walk in your destiny is to come to grips with what you are passionate about.  We have to get away from this mindset that in order to be seen as successful then there are certain jobs you have to go for.  Doctors, lawyers, engineers, the list goes on.  Fall into one of these categories and you have increased the odds of success.  Be foolish to do something else and you are only asking to remain on one of the bottom rungs of the societal ladder.  I will tell you that I am so tired of those who look down their noses at others who might be doing something outside of their perceived "norm".

Isn't it about time that you allow yourself to get lost in your passion?  Isn't it about time that you came to the conclusion that you are just as worthy as anyone else to be happy doing something that you love?  I know there are people out there who think I'm crazy for writing this blog three times a week.  They can't understand the thrill I get each day I sit in front of my computer and simply write.  I have the ability to get lost in my passion and when I am writing I'm never thinking about the things I wish I could be doing, because I am doing exactly what I was created to do, to the very best of my ability.  You must come to the place where you are doing the very same thing.

The day will come when you will have to decide: do I continue doing what I hate or do I take the chance and move forward in the one thing that will change my life forever?  You are the only one who can make this decision.  You are the only one who has the power to change what you are doing right now.  Destiny awaits you if you will be honest with yourself and make the hard choice.  You can continue on doing what you are doing right now, or you can take a leap of faith and begin doing what you were created to do.  Be it bungee jumper, writer, doctor, lawyer, you name it, there is a job for you to do.  Outside of the world's norm is a new panorama just waiting for you to experience it.  There is adventure, thrills, and a knowing that you are finally in the right place.

Isn't is about time that you put yourself in the place you were always meant to be in?  Think about it and let me know what you come up with.  The world will be a much better place when you are in your rightful place, on this you have my word.

No comments:

Post a Comment