Friday, December 5, 2014

Hallmarks; What to look for and when to know.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/qnr/2279669639
Hallmarks, they are around and they do make a mark on our life.  The key to hallmarks is to understand their significance and to learn from them.

If you had to acknowledge or pinpoint a singular moment in your life that may have changed your path or course, could you?  If you had to describe something that truly turned your life around, could you?  If you had the opportunity to go back and correct or alter the past, would you?

I have said so many times before that I would not go back and change anything in my life as they have all been experiences that I have learned from and to a large degree have benefited from whether I wanted to admit it or not.  I have also looked back at my life and known those times when certain events, hallmarks if you like, have altered the path or course I was headed down, and that was a good thing.

Hallmarks are not always these grand gestures, often they are quite small and to many insignificant.  They are however life altering, and life altering is sometimes just what the doctor ordered.  I was so entrenched in what I thought my life was going to be like, that I never gave it a chance to take on the dynamic that it was always intended to take on.  It took me hitting rock bottom, and I do mean rock bottom, before I was able to let go of trying to control my life and let things happen the way they needed to happen.

Since this is the Christmas season I have been watching all the movies on the Hallmark Channel.  I've seen most of them a dozen times, but there are a few that I could watch time and time again.  I was watching one yesterday and I started thinking about the benchmarks in my life, the hallmarks.  I was trying to determine the real impact they had on me.  As I was watching a certain movie I was brought back to a period in my life where I too had to make a decision.  Was I going to move forward in the things I knew I wanted and quite frankly needed, or was I going to let the rest of the world dictate my actions?  As a sidebar, I love these movies, because in the end they all lived happily ever after.  Too many times in our days we have forgotten that we too can live happily ever after.  Each benchmark or hallmark in our life is there to get you to the point where you are supposed to be.  No one ever said they would be without a little pain and suffering, but most of the time the pain and suffering is our own creation and certainly not Gods.

So let me ask you again:  if you had to pinpoint one hallmark in your life, what would it be?  To some it was finding the love of their life.  Knowing that this person would be at their side, through thick and thin, through good and bad, and together they would build or at least ride along in the life that was intended for them.  There is no right or wrong hallmark.  Each of us will experience different ones, and each of us will be affected by them in different ways.  The key is to accept them, know that they will be present in your life, and that your life will change when you are able to grab hold of them and never let go.

When I began my journey into True Destiny I didn't have all the answers.  I was flying blind and quite frankly had no idea were I was going, let alone where I was supposed to go.  What I did know is that this was my destiny and all I had to do was to be open to what came to me and take from each experience what I was intended to learn.  One of the biggest things I had to learn in this journey was who and what I was.  I was reminded the other day by a friend, and the comment did sting a bit, but it reminded me that I always have to watch my words.  Words are powerful and whether you realize it or not the words you speak are what you will be living in the future.

Each hallmark in our life is there to get you to a place where you can experience the next hallmark, and then the next, and so on and so on.  Each experience will build upon previous experiences.  I can look back on certain things in my life and see the significance of each event.  There were times when what I went through was not pleasant, but it was necessary.  Hallmarks are truly the Gold Crown of our life.  They have meaning, they have power, and they have a way of getting us to the right place at the right time.

Take a moment and think about those events in your life that have truly changed you.  You may not have seen the change when it was happening, but you can certainly see it now.  Be thankful for change, be thankful for growth, and be thankful that your life will continue to be filled with different hallmarks, because it's never to late to grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment