Wednesday, November 12, 2014

The path to discovery.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/31246066@N04/4719290483
The paths to discovery, the paths to understanding our uniqueness in the universe, are as varied as the stars in the heavens.  If anyone tells you that there is only one way to discover who you are, then run from that person as fast as you can.  As individuals we are different. We like different things, we see different things, and we operate differently from others.  It is in those differences that the world is a better place to live.

There is a path to the discovery of who you are, but it is your path.  Just as there will be differences in the color of your eyes or hair from others in your circle of friends, so to will the path you must go to discover who you are.  Certainly there may be times when what you experience is similar to what others may have gone through, but different none-the-less.  What I want to share today is that your path to discovery will make itself known to you in the appropriate time, and in the appropriate way.  I wish everyone I knew had an understanding of who they were.  I wish everyone around me was enlightened to the point where nothing stood in their way of manifesting what they desired in life.  Alas such is not the case, so I will continue to inspire others to take the steps required to understand who and what they are, and be there to help any way I can.

The questions I get asked a lot are what does this path look like and when will I know when to begin my journey, and ultimately where will this journey end up?  All good questions, but sadly you are the only one who will be able to answer them.  First and foremost you need to accept the fact that there is indeed a path for you.  Too many people are under the impression that they simply go through life and what ever happens happens.  These are the very same people who will be standing around years from now wondering where life has been.  If you are able to set the intention that you will discover the path to your discovery then that is what will happen.

There is one very important fact that I need you to understand, need you to hold tight, and need you to accept.  Your spirituality should never come into question.  You are as much a spiritual being as anyone on the planet.  Those individuals who have gained enlightenment over the ages are no different then you.  They were able to understand the basis for which they were put here on earth and you have the same ability as them.  If Christ could understand his divine makeup, then so can you.  Enlightenment is not reserved for a select few, it is yours as well.  Enlightenment is not only for those who have accomplished great things, it is for you.  Enlightenment does not come to those who have prayed enough, done enough good deeds, or any other things that organized religion says is the prerequisite for such things.  Enlightenment comes to those who are open to the prompting and guidance of the Creator of the Universe.

I spent years wondering why I seemed to be left behind when it came to spiritual understanding.  I somehow was under the impression that it wasn't for me.  I never had a real good opinion of myself.  I would always say that I was a day late and a dollar short when it came to obtaining those things that I believed everyone else was getting but I was on the loosing end of the proposition.  I had set myself up for failure with my thoughts and words and didn't even realize I was doing it.  When I started down my path of discovery I was finally able to take the first step when I realized that the first step was my choice and only my choice.  All the prompting in the world was not going to make me begin my journey any sooner then I decided to begin it.  During my journey I was often faced with paths that seemed to head in two different directions.  The question then arose, what direction was I supposed to take?  Every individual who has begun their journey will eventually have to decide what path to take.  If your path forks to the left and right, then what is the right path to take?  More often then not the paths we take will show everyone else just what is important to you.  If you choose the path that is simply going to provide you with all the luxuries of life, then OK.  If you choose the path that will benefit the rest of humanity that's OK as well.  I will never tell someone what path to take.  My role is not to play God. My role is to make you aware of your options, what can come about with each choice you make, and be there if you need comfort when or if you make the wrong choice.

Paths can be tricky, but no matter what path you ultimately decide to go down you can rest assured that it will be a learning experience.  Life's lessons are there to teach.  These lessons are there to mold and shape you and help you become the individual you were intended to be in this life.  Each path we take toward our discovery is there for one thing, to get you to understand you.  When you can understand the reason for you being here right now, then I can assure you that each path you take will take you even closer to that perfect state of being.

It is time to open yourself up to new possibilities, new horizons, new paths to walk.  In this journey of discovery you will experience new things.  I encourage you to look at the paths in front of you and decide to take the first step.  Your life will change when you decide to step out into your new path of discovery and then you will be able to help others make the leap as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment