Friday, October 17, 2014

Infinite, Never Ending, Eternal, remind you of anything?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/alicepopkorn/3616617104
As I write this morning I am reminded more than ever that life is not some fleeting thing that simply begins and ends.  As infinite, eternal beings we will never die.  Certainly our bodies will eventually give out.  It may be after many years, or for some it may come sooner then others would like.  However, our true essence, our spirit will live on forever and that is what I choose to focus on today.

I lost a wonderful young man in my life last night to Brain Cancer.  Joshua was only 29, but he did so much and grew so much over the years.  As a young man he had struggles just like most other people.  He questioned what he was supposed to do in life.  He wondered why he had been dealt certain things in his life that others seemed to be able to escape.  As his foster dad I tried to impart certain things that I thought would prepare him for the adventures he would certainly experience as he grew up and moved on.  I will never know what impact I had on his life, but he certainly impacted me in a very big way.  Josh now is free from those things that caused him to suffer greatly and now his true essence is free from the bonds of this existence and he is able to soar with the angels.

If you are able to recognize your true essence, that which is your highest self, then the sting of death is one thing you will never have to worry about.  I have been re-reading a wonderful book by my favorite author Dr. Wayne Dyer.  The book is titled "Wishes Fulfilled"  and it speaks extensively on what it means to understand and walk in a knowledge of our Highest Self.  I have read this book at least a half a dozen times and each time I walk away with new understanding of what it means to be a Spiritual Being that inhabits a mortal body.  I have gained new insight into what my purpose is and how to walk in that purpose.  I no longer look at death as something to fear, but rather to embrace.  I know that Joshua's Spirit is just as alive right now as it was while he was still breathing.  His spirit is still with us, it hasn't changed, it never will, and it will always be around.

When I look at things that are infinite and eternal I really come to one conclusion: we are the only things in the universe that are infinite and eternal.  Your spirit knows no limits, therefore it is infinite. Your spirit is eternal, so it will keep going and going and going, never ending, always just being.  How many people have never given thought to this?  How many people look at death as the end, and not the beginning?  I will miss Josh, but truth be told I am envious, because now he is able to be free from the limits of mortality and free to travel at the speed of thought, anywhere he chooses.

As an Infinite Spiritual Being we are just that infinite.  As an Eternal Spiritual Being we are just that eternal.  As a human being we are only limited to the degree that we limit our belief in who and what we are.  It's easy to look at life and say that it must end, but the life, the body, that is a shell, was never intended to be the end all of life.  Far too many times we look at life and simply put it into a box.  The box has four sides, all equal, and people see life as birth, living, and then death.  True to a degree, but life is so much more then simply living and then dying.  Life is coming to a full understanding of your significance, your infinite spirit and your ability to walk in a life truly worthy of the title Spiritual Being.  Why am I taking so much time as of late to talk about spirituality?  If everyone knew about spirituality and walked in it there would be no need for me to write about it.  Sadly there are millions of people, perhaps billions of people alive today who haven't the foggiest notion of what true spirituality is all about let alone walking in it.

When Josh left this physical plane he was united with a full understanding of his spiritual being.  Did he understand who he was while in his earthly body, only he could tell us for sure, but now he completely understands.  My point in saying all this is, now is the best time to come to an understanding of who and what you are.  There is no reason to wait until you leave this plane.  If someone were to give you the keys to life, and all you had to do was unlock the door and step into it, wouldn't you take those keys and unlock the door?  You have a golden opportunity to understand what it is like to operate as a spiritual being while still having a human existence.  You have the ability to unlock the mysteries of life while still having a human existence.  You have the ability to understand the infinite nature of who you are while still having a human existence.  The question I have for you is do you want it?  Do you want to know your infinite side?  Do you want to understand your highest self?  I cannot make you want it, or do it, or even try to understand it, that rest squarely on your shoulders.  I will howler say this: coming to terms with who and what you are will turn your life around.

I will miss Joshua and will always love him as a son, but I am so happy that he is free from the chains that kept him down and now he is free to experience the best part of who he is.  Life can be long or short, but what is most important is that you make the most of the time you have here on this physical plane and come to an understanding of your spiritual self.  Then and only then will you be able to begin walking in your destiny.







No comments:

Post a Comment