Wednesday, August 27, 2014

When you think you can't take anymore, hold the line.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/pictoquotes/9460441136
Out of the fire the Phoenix flew.  From burnt ashes came this marvelous bird to fly to new heights and soar with the victors.

Adversity is something we all face from time to time.  Adversity was my middle name for many years, and try as I might to get out of adversity's way, I sucked at it. It seemed like I went from one crisis to another.   Sometimes in between each crisis came other monumental issues, all leading up to a massive crash of my own personal will to live.  I never thought I would reach such a low part in my life, but alas I was ready to move on and I didn't much care whether I had finished my business here on earth.

I know I am not the only one who has felt this way, and there are those out there today who are feeling just like I felt.  Please hold on and whatever you do, don't give up.  The only way you will ever fail is if you just quit and throw in the towel.  Trust me, I know all about wanting to throw in the towel as I've come close to doing it many times in my life.  What you do in these periods of adversity is what will mold you and shape you for later on.  As stated above the individual who is able to thrive in any form of adversity is a thing of beauty.  It's not always easy to stare down adversity, however, looking it straight in the eye and having the intention that no matter what, you will be the person you were destined to be, will be your way of escaping it.

There is a big lesson to be learned from every period of adversity in our life.  These lessons may not be what you want at the time, but after a period of reflection I'm sure you will see the importance of what you will have garnered from each experience.  When you are faced with adversity you really have two options.  The first is to run and hide, but this is never going to change what is going on.  I've run from adversity only to meet up with it just around the next corner.  I've tried to deny it's existence in my life, because confronting it head on was not my cup of tea.  The other option, and this is the one that has taken me the longest to learn, is to simply realize that most periods of adversity have been brought about because of our own thoughts, our own words, and our own beliefs.  There are people who before they ever place their foot on the floor in the morning have figured out all the twist and turns of the day, and in their own way are almost wanting adversity to come.  If for no other reason then to prove out their own theory that only bad comes to them.  These modern day martyrs live for a crisis for in each crisis they earn more pity from those who see it happening.

We are the creators of much of what we go through.  The key to handling adversity and the way to overcome adversity's grip on your life is to find the joy in all things.  I can look at something and see only blackness, or I can see the joy in the lessons that I can learn from any experience.  Many times it's all about perception, and if you can look at things one way verses the other, then the pain and suffering that would like to plant itself in your life, will have no place to go.  Instead of saying "why me God" why not say "now we're talking".  I know this is easier said then done, but at some point in your life you are going to have to say enough is enough and determine for yourself that you're not going to take it any longer.  Those who will stand up and fight for what they believe in, no matter what the outcome can at least say they did what they knew to be true.

There is hardly a minute that goes by that we are not bombarded with news of different adversities that are being thrust upon others around us.  Simply because it is happening to your neighbor next door does not mean it has to cross over onto your property and your life.  I've known people who relish the thought of jumping into other people's issues if for no other reason then they get to wear that coveted title of martyr.  Hey, if that's what you want fine, but I think there is a much more impressive title you can wear, that being victor.

You can overcome adversity, and the way to overcome it is to stay clear of it.  The way to stay clear of it is to understand that it was never intended to be in your life in the first place and more often then not as I have said before is it only appears because you have allowed it to be there in the first place.  If you want to live in peace, joy, and happiness then let peace, joy, and happiness be the thing that you think about, that you talk about, and that you display to others.   This simple, yet forgotten weapon is all you will need to buffet adversity when it tries to rear it's ugly head.

Thomas Edison once said that he never failed, he just found ten thousand ways of doing it wrong.  We will make mistakes, we will have our blunders, but in the end it is what you take away from those blunders and mistakes that counts.  Find the joy in them, find the peace, and find the happiness.  The simple fact that you are here today, living, breathing, existing, is proof positive that you have things to accomplish, and you will get to the finish line.  Adversity is nothing more then your opportunity to prove the bastards wrong, and show the rest of the world that no matter what, you will be the person you were always intended to be.  Don't give up, and don't give in to what the world says you have to go through.  You are a divine creation and with your divinity comes certain privileges, mainly walking in a life free from adversity.  You can do this, and always know that there is someone looking out for you.




No comments:

Post a Comment