Friday, August 29, 2014

Shine a spotlight on your dreams.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/staticnomore/228551283
They are often buried beneath layers of fear, hurt, doubt, and uncertainty.  They never go away, but at times you try to run from them as fast as humanly possible.  You want to believe that what you see in your mind is real, but somehow the possibility of these things ever panning out is slim to non-existent.

Dreams are what I am speaking about, and for far too many people dreams are something that are either completely misunderstood or too hard to believe in.  I have said this so many times in the past, but we all have dreams.  Certainly there are people who don't want to acknowledge this, but they still have dreams.  I have dreams on top of dreams.  I love it when Spirit gives me a picture of what is to come, and I am so thankful that I know that what I am dreaming about is in fact something that will manifest for me.

People often ask me how is it I know that what I dream will come about?  The answer is quite simple: I'm never going to dream of anything that is not in God's plan for my life.  Now before some smart ass wants to call me on this let me clarify:  I am not talking about your dreams at night while you sleep.  The ones where your car is speeding down the highway and it turns into a can of tomato soup. I'm not talking about the dream you had about flying like Superman and saving the kitten stuck in the tree.  I don't doubt you have had a dreams like this, but the dream of which I speak is the dream of what you have been chosen to do in this life.  The dream that you have not been able to share with others out of a fear that you will be ridiculed for it.  The dream that has you doing the things you love, and doing them will all your might.

Maybe it's time that you unveil your dreams to others, those who are like minded, and begin to shine the spotlight on them.  I liken dreams to that individual who is lost in the desert.  He finds a glass of much needed water.  He has two choices, he can drink the water and live, or just pass by it and eventually die an excruciating death.  The choice is his, and when it comes to your dreams, the choice will always be yours.  Will you follow after your dreams and enjoy life to the fullest, or will you, as the man in the desert, pass it by and live an excruciating life?  Most assuredly the decision is yours, but I suggest that you chose wisely.

What are some of the things you would love to do, but still have not mustered up enough courage or energy to go after them?  If you can't find, or you don't know, the answer to this question then you have probably buried your dreams so far down that there is no hope for them.  Let me tell you that there will never be a time in your life when you are unable to resurrect a dream.  They may be buried below layers of hurt and fear, but they are still very much alive and still very much a part of what you should be doing.  Don't make the mistake of thinking that just because things may not have gone as planned or desired that all is lost.  If I let every setback that has happened to me in my life stop me from pursuing my dreams, I would have been dead long ago.  Dreams should be the one thing that get you moving in the right direction simply because dreams inspire us.  Dreams have a way of blocking out the darkness of life and shinning new possibilities down on everyone.  Dreams can illuminate a path, and that path is what will bring you the joy, peace, and happiness that you have desired for quite some time.

So let me ask you again, what is one thing that you would love to be doing, but because some jackass told you that it would be impossible, or that it was a stupid idea, you buried it deep inside so as not to embarrass yourself?  I've had some pretty far fetched ideas and dreams, but through each of them things have come about that have proven to be exactly as they needed to be when they needed to be there.  Please keep this ever present in your mind: dreams are the stepping stones to our destiny.  They help plot a course to get you to that one point where you are who you are, doing what you were destined to do, and touching the lives of those that you were destined to touch.  You may never know why you have the thoughts and dreams that you have, but I can tell you for a fact, God does nothing without a purpose, and God knows exactly why you are dreaming the things you are dreaming.

Again, what are some of the things you have always dreamt about?  What is it that would change your life completely given the opportunity to do it?  You see, until someone who has enough gumption to pull out of you the things that need to be pulled out, many will continue to bury those dreams that need to come out.  To be honest I know of nothing that is quite as painful as wanting or desiring something so bad, and yet never feeling as though it will come to pass.  It's like the carrot and the horse.  The horse can see the carrot right in front of him, smell it, desire it, but it never seems to get it.  That is torture, and quite frankly too many people have had that carrot dabbling in front of them way too long.

So shine the spotlight on those things you desire, on those things that you have dreamt about, and watch and see if things don't begin to happen to bring these dreams into reality.  One final note, and please believe me when I say this.  Dreams come from the Creator of the Universe.  By virtue of this fact the dreams you have are just as real as the book you are holding in your hands right now.  Dreams are just as real as the meal you will eat tonight, and they are just as real as that person sitting next to you.  The only reason people cannot see the reality in dreams is because they have never afforded themselves the opportunity to go after their own dreams.  Dreams may not be in the physical sense, such as a lamp, or computer, or a car, but they are just as real.  Until such time as you can see the reality in them, they will continue to elude you, and that would kind of suck.  So shine that spotlight on your dreams and share those dreams with others.  Trust me, once you achieve your dreams you will never want to leave the spotlight again.





No comments:

Post a Comment