Thursday, July 17, 2014

I had the craziest dream.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/aruarian/2574598626
Ever have one of those nights when you kept dreaming the same thing over and over again?  I  had one of those nights last night.  No matter what I was doing I kept coming back to this place where I was having to repeat this event over and over again.  It was mind numbing, and quite frankly frustrating as hell.

Frustration over unfulfilled dreams is what keeps many people awake at night.  This same frustration can be transferred in other ways throughout the day, and it can also manifest itself in ways that make for a very long and often sad life experience.  What I want you to think about today is why have you been unable to fulfill many of the dreams you have.  Is it because you don't believe in your dreams?  Is it because others have told you the madness behind such dreams?  Is it because you don't feel like you are worthy of having all you desire and want?

Many people have the tendency of looking at dreams and placing them in the "if I ever get to it" category.  People will focus on the here and now, and even though this is understandable, they never get to the point where they can envision many of their dreams coming to fruition.  Once again, this is when frustration raises it's ugly head, and you must know that frustration is never something that is going to make your day run smooth and be otherwise carefree.

When I was a younger man I found myself standing beneath the Eiffel Tower in Paris, France.  I literally pinched myself because I wanted to make sure that I was really awake and that my being in Paris was not just a dream.  I had dreamt of going to Paris as a young man, never really knowing when I would get there.  As I stood there it was almost surreal.  Even to this day I smile when I think of my travel there and the wonder I felt just looking at this behemoth of a structure.  I had dreamt of this moment, but nothing could have prepared me for how I truly felt in that moment.  When you finally realize some of your dreams, it will be hard to fully explain to others how you will feel or felt in the moment.  I tend to look at dreams as promises.  Promises from my creator that I will be able to do those things that really have meaning to me, and hopefully meaning to the rest of humanity.  I love it when I can look back and realize that I am now in the moment that I dreamt about in the past.

Dreams, and here is that broken record again, are stepping stones to your destiny.  The dreams that have been placed in you will ultimately lead you to your destiny, your purpose, your reason for being here.  You may not know exactly how the two pair up, but when it is all said and done, you will see the marvel at how each and every one has worked together to get you to the point or place that you were supposed to get to.

Most dreams are laced with passion.  Passion is what will keep you moving, get you up in the morning, and help you forge ahead even when situations are less than perfect.  Passion is what motivates us to take that extra step, to get up again when we have been knocked down, to not throw in the towel simply because things have gotten difficult.  Dreams and passion go together like peas and carrots, ham and eggs, Abbott and Costello.

I want you to ask yourself this simple question:  can you have a true dream without it being touched by that one thing that you are so passionate about?  I have tried to rack my brain and think of a single dream that I have about my future that is not entwined with destiny.  My passion for destiny is what I think about day in and day out.  My dreams about how to promote destiny among others is ripe with passion.  My passion is over flowing each time I dream about what I will do next, what book will I write, what group will I be talking in front of.  The two go hand in hand.  Maybe it's time that you link your destiny with those dreams that you have placed on the back burner.  I know how easy it is to discount dreams, but often we do this because we want some things so bad and yet deep within we do not see that we will ever get to the promised land.  For many it is easier to forget about the dreams in an effort to stop the pain that comes from knowing that they are not doing what they really want to do.

How many times have you been able to say " I have often dreamed about this moment"?  If you have not, then why not?  There are few things in this life that are as rewarding as fulfilled dreams, and yet we often leave our dreams on the sideline, never intending on entering the game.  Whether your dreams are crazy, or small, sane, or even larger than life, dreams are those things that you should focus on.  Dreams will lead you to your purpose, your destiny, and then you will be able to create for others an environment where they can finally walk in those things that they have dreamt about.

It's OK to dream, and it's even more OK to follow your dreams.  Following what is in your heart is why you were placed here in the first place.  Dreams become your road map to your destiny, to your path in life.  Maybe it's time that you follow them and see where they take you.






No comments:

Post a Comment