Wednesday, June 4, 2014

It's just like riding a bike, you never forget.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathaninsandiego/3928079336
I haven't been on a bike for years, at least one powered by me.  Do I fear getting back up on one, not in the least.  Sure I might be a little rusty, but within seconds I would regain my balance and it would seem like I was speeding down my street in Penfield, New York again.  There are certain things that we will never forget, and there are things that we would just assume forget.  The latter being something most likely that brought us pain or unhappiness.

Although we should never live in the past we can learn from it.  I have seen people who have failed at something and because of it give up entirely without as much as a second try.  I have also seen people who have failed time and time again and still they keep moving forward ultimately obtaining the desired outcome.  The question I have for you this fine day is what position will you take when you are faced with insurmountable odds and all seems lost?  Will you run and quit, or will you get back up on the rickety bike and prove to others and yourself that you can do it?  Please know that what others think isn't really something I would worry about.  No matter what you do in this life there are always going to be people who think you have done it wrong, will never succeed, and could care less what you are going through.  You have to get back on the bike for you and only you.

I have spent far too may years thinking about past failures and letting those failures stop me in my tracks.  I have let negative beliefs into my life and they have done nothing but keep me firmly planted in defeat.  I had not allowed myself to see me for who I really was, and that was almost the kiss of death.  As much as I wanted to say to hell with it all, I knew I had to get back up on that bike and without as much as a compass or map let it take me to where I needed to be.  There are times in life when you just have to throw caution to the wind, extend your faith, and let it all hang out.  We can move this stack of paper on our desk to a different location, we can fill our time with mindless, meaningless stuff, but in the end the question remains:  what have I really done?

What have you forgotten about lately?  Have you forgotten all the dreams you used to have?  Have you just placed all your past hopes and desires on the back burner and accepted life as it is today?  Have you left behind all the plans you once had, only to be replaced with the mundane and lifeless task of your day?  Deep inside most of us is a desire to do something incredible.  Deep inside each of us is a passion for something.  Deep inside is a knowing that nothing else will be able to fill the void that exist in your life.  Maybe it's time to get back up on that bike and ride into tomorrow.  Maybe, just maybe, all this meaningless activity used to fill your day is in fact just a smoke screen.  You see, if you can stop from thinking about all your desires and dreams, then maybe they will go away and leave you alone.   Let me fill you in on a little secret:  they will never go away and they will never leave you alone.  Sure you may ultimately go nuts trying to run from them, but I assure you that the dreams and desires you have will be around until the day you die.

When I sit down at my computer to write I experience nothing but sheer joy and happiness.  When I am talking to someone about their destiny, I feel like a million bucks.  When I am walking in my divine purpose there is nothing that can remove the knowing that I am exactly where I am supposed to be, doing the things that I was created to do.  If you do not have these same emotions then I recommend that you get back on the bike and start peddling.  Even after all the ups and downs in life, you will remember how to ride, and the riding will signify your knowing that there is a purpose to your life and that you will walk in that purpose.

I love being in my happy place.  I love that I have been given a gift, and this gift is what I am able to share with others.  When you were younger and you had dreams of what life was going to be like how much happiness did you feel?  You had a smile on your face because you could imagine all the things that you would be doing, and there was very little that did not seem possible.  Your thoughts were an endless list of possibilities, and there was an expectancy.  You did not focus on what could not be done, but rather what could.  It is time to think about what can be done once more and not on what has failed in the past, a past that has held you captive.  I open myself up to the future, having learned from the past, and taking my today with me.  Life is a wonderful thing, and having the knowledge that this life is special and meaningful is what should move you forward in those things that have been ordained for you.

You know how to ride, so step up, push down on that pedal and see where it takes you.  Your future is all about your passion, and your passion is what will get you from where you are to where you want to be.  I am so thankful that I did not quit and that I was brave enough to get back on that bike.  I have not forgotten how to ride and with each rotation of the wheel things get easier, things get clearer, and the ability to move forward in my true destiny is thrilling beyond words.  It is time that you experience the same thrill, and in doing that you will help others ride their bike again.






No comments:

Post a Comment