Monday, May 5, 2014

It only takes a moment. Why time is something we all contend with, but should we?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/archetypefotografie/3821120232
Time, it is either our nemesis or our friend.  We either have too much time on our hands or not enough. Time can move too fast for those who need to get something done, or far too slow for those who are anxiously waiting for something to arrive.  No matter how you look at it time never seems to be on the right side of history, at least your history.  Time is something that we allow to dictate our actions or the lack there of.  Time however, is an illusion and it is something that we use as a measuring stick, and that is when we will get ourselves into trouble.

If you believe as I do that everyone has a destiny inside of them, then you must also believe that your destiny will play out in the appropriate time.  When we try to manufacture something out of the perfect timing that has been set in stone, we are certainly going to foul things up.  I am not saying that you should just let things go along without any understanding of time, but when you set unrealistic time constraints then you have boxed yourself into a timeline that may or may not be what was intended.

When I set out to write my first book I knew that it was the perfect time.  Had I written it, or attempted to write it, when I first thought about the idea, I certainly would have missed out on some very important life lessons, which ultimately helped me with material for writing the book.  Each time I sit down to write a manuscript I wait for the go ahead and then it seems to flow out of me with very little effort.  If I try to manifest something out of the perfect timing of God, then I struggle with virtually every aspect of the book.  I am no different then the rest of those attempting to do something important in life.  I desire to change the world, but that desire has also been tempered by an understanding that if I go full speed ahead without looking at time, then I am doing for me and not for humanity.

We as humans have a tendency of setting unrealistic expectations when it comes to time. You have to be a millionaire by the time you hit thirty years old.  You have to win the gold medal by such and such a time.  If you haven't been to this place by a specific date then the rest of your life is somehow going to be much less fulfilling.  I get it, trust me, I do understand.  I've set time lines for so many things in my life, but then I was a slave to those time lines and things never seemed to move in the direction that I had hoped.  I am not saying that time is something you should ignore, but when you make it the basis for every decision, every action, and every thought, then you have just boxed yourself in, and you leave no room for what has been ordained to happen to happen.

I wish I could have written my first book twenty five years ago.  I wish I had begun walking in my destiny thirty years ago.  I say "I Wish", but in truth I am so thankful for those years of learning that has brought me to the place that I am in right now.  I do not count these last twenty five or thirty years as lost years, rather they were proving grounds for what I am doing right now.  Truth be told, I have been walking in my destiny since the day of my birth and you have been walking in your destiny since the day you were born.  Destiny is full of learning.  Your destiny is ripe with squeezing and pulling, twist and turns, ups and downs.  Everything you have gone through has been orchestrated to get you to the place you are at right now.  Every learning experience has prepared you for what you are about to do.  We never stop evolving and we never stop learning.  Each day brings you opportunity to learn something new and experience something that you will use to help others, teach others, or share with others.

Don't make the mistake of thinking that you have wasted years.  If you think this then you have never fully understood what destiny is nor are you walking in yours right now.  I do not say that to be mean spirited, but rather to get you to begin to accept the fact that all things work in divine order.  Face it, we all know when we have done something, and after we have completed it we recognize that it wasn't the right time to do it.  We allowed others to dictate our actions based on their timeline and not ours.  Forget about the expectations of others and follow your heart and understand that the timing of all things is perfect when you are walking in your destiny.  It only takes a moment to realize this, but in that moment all things will make sense and you will know that time is never going to end until you have completed your task for this life.

Let me end with this, and I hope it speaks to you.  Many, many, many people feel as though life has passed them by.  They look at their life and wonder what life could have been like had they done this or that.  If I never walked fully in my destiny until the last year of my life, that last year would have been so fulfilling that I would never even give thought to the previous years.  The reason people look back at time with regret, with feelings that they have missed out on something, or that they have wasted all those years, is because they are not aware of, or walking in their destiny.  Your life began with a destiny and it will end with you walking in your destiny.  Do not worry about time, you focus on discovering your purpose and let those things that are destined to happen, happen.  When it is all said and done you will never have to worry about time again, because time will never be able control you again.  You can change your life in a blink of an eye by simply realizing that time is not a box, it has no chains to bind you.  You are free to explore all things without fear of time running out.  Now this is a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment