Saturday, May 31, 2014

In Memorial: Nicholas Cooper

What can you say when a person who was beautiful both inside and out has left this worldly existence?  We may never know the exact reason for his departure, nor the thoughts and feelings that were present in him at the moment of his decision.  What we do know is that his spirit is still around us, and for that we can be thankful and it is what I will hold on to.

In his short time that he was present among us, Nick brought with him an energy and a smile that seemed to go on forever.  I first met him about four years ago when he was interested in my writing career and wanted to know what it was like to write a book.  He had a story to tell, and even though he may never had put it to paper, we can, and we will learn from his story.

I will not pretend to understand what he was feeling.  I will not pretend to understand his motives.  I will not judge his life based on how it ended.  What I will say is that the world still gained for him being here, albeit not long enough for those who loved him and were closest to him.

It is so easy for people to come to different conclusions as to why this happened, or that happened.  Some will say that he may have been a troubled soul, some will say that his time was up and he completed the task at hand for his lifetime.  No matter how you look at, when someone you know is gone, there will be a void, and emptiness, that will not be filled for quite some time.

Even though Nicholas was a beautiful man, his spirit was far more beautiful and that is how I choose to remember him.  I know that the spirit of a person is eternal, and whether or not you believe this, is your choice.  I know that I can call to him and now in the place that he occupies, he can provide to me wisdom and guidance, that comes to him from a pure place, a place of deep knowing, and a place that is not controlled by human existence or experience.  I choose to believe that he can and ultimately will teach me some of the things I will need to know to continue on my path to my destiny, and just as he showed me kindness while here in body, he will continue to do the same in spirit.

There are many who will feel this loss, and probably deeper and more acutely than I.  To you who are having to deal with this loss let me say this:  focus on the life and not the end.  How one departs this life is never the way we should remember them, as difficult as that may be to remove from your memories.

Nick touch many lives, and those lives are better for having had the opportunity to be around this bright shinning figure of a man.  I am not sure what Nick's destiny was, nor whether he ever walked in it during his life.  What I do know is this.  There will be a time when you run into someone again in the future who will remind you of him, their eyes, their smile.  It may be a smell, a feeling, or even a knowing that you know this person, but not knowing why.  If you experience this then look up to the heavens and thank Nick for reminding you that he is still here, and the love you had for him is still real.

Nick you touched my life, and other's lives, and we have all been saddened by your departure.  You now reside in a place of peace and tranquility, and I look around knowing that you will still be present and now more than ever, able to assist others in their time of need.  Be at peace my good man, and know that what you have learned in this life will prepare you for your next experience.






1 comment:

  1. This brought tears to my eyes. Thank you, for these words that have now given my heart a comforting peace for my sister who left this world in a similar way.

    ReplyDelete