Friday, May 30, 2014

Soaring high; there really are no limits to what you can do.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rubyblossom/4923258723
You have a vision, a dream, a desire.  You can see what you hope to do.  You can feel the excitement of doing the one thing that will bring complete happiness and joy to your life.  Inside the deepest part of you, you know that you know what it is you are supposed to do with your life.  OK, now go.

Immediately you begin to hear the responses:  "It's not that easy", "I would if I could", "Don't be an idiot, it doesn't work that way", and "It's just a thought, nothing more."  But is it just a thought?  Is it something that is just there to temp you and in reality there is nothing that you really need to be doing with these thoughts, these dreams, these visions?  Are these feelings, these emotions, these seemingly tiny whims, really anything to get excited over?

I lived many years pushing down these very same thoughts and ideas simply because I never thought I was worthy of them.  I never thought I had what it took to complete them and I certainly didn't want to leave myself hanging out on a limb looking like an idiot, hanging onto an idea that although it had merit, I could not see myself being able to bring it about.  I had made the same mistake that countless people before me made,  I talked myself out of the one thing that would have brought me happiness and joy in a measure that was virtually immeasurable.  And then, after many hours, days, weeks, and months was able to come to terms with who I was, what I was, and most importantly, why I was placed here on this planet, in this time.  My journey to discovery was no different from those who came before me, and it is no different from those who will come after me.  My journey is no different then your journey, and my outcome can be your outcome.  All you need to do is accept the truth that these visions, these dreams, and yes those desires, are actually inspired by your creator, put into you so that you will achieve all you were designed to achieve.  Now just in case you have not figured it out yet, you have a divine purpose in this life.  It really doesn't matter what that purpose is, what matters is that you walk in it.  Forget about how this measures up to someone else's purpose.  Trying to keep up with the guy next door or down the street, is not what should motivate you.  The motivation must be to soar as high as possible with those gifts and talents that have been placed in you in order for you to accomplish the things you were placed here to accomplish.

Our goal is not to see what is in it for me, but rather what is in it for the rest of humanity.  Success is not measured by stuff, but rather by those lives you touch and those lives you change by being the person you were created to be.  The happiness and joy you experience in life will me measured by the joy and happiness you help others to walk in.  If your focus in life is to simply make yourself happy and become a hoarder of all that this world uses as a measuring stick for success, then I will tell you that there will come a time when you realize that there is still a void in your life.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to rain on your parade, but true happiness is not measured by stuff, but by what you are able to share with others.  If you want joy, sow joy.  If you want love, sow love.  If your desire is for others to experience and walk in their calling, then you will walk in yours.

You can soar with the eagles if you will help others soar as well.  There is no limit to where you can go simply because there are no limits to your ability to understand that others need what you have.  I know what it is like to have dreams and visions, wants and desires, but I also know that what I have is not just for me, but for others as well.  Don't make the mistake that so many before you have made, that feeling as though your needs will go unfulfilled if you don't focus on you.  Those who simply focus on their own needs, doing only what will benefit them, always seem to need and want more.  What they have is never enough and so begins the process of having to accumulate more if for no other reason then to protect what they already have for fear that it will go away.  If you sow into someone else's life I can assure you that you will never have to worry about going without.  Once again those things that you give away will by default come back to you in greater measure.

There is no limit to what you can do if you will help others discover the limitlessness of their abilities.  There is no limit to the joy and happiness you can walk in, if you will help others enjoy joy and happiness.  There is no limit to your destiny if you will help others discover their destiny.  We as humans have been conditioned to look out for number one.  We have been taught that there is nothing more important in this life then to make a name for yourself and then if there is time remaining maybe you might help someone else in need.  Let me be frank, if you hold this mindset then I can assure you that you will never completely soar high above the rest, simply because you will be trying to hang onto those things here on earth that really mean very little in the total scheme of things.  You have the ability to soar as high as possible, never having to worry about your place in history, your reputation, or your legacy, if you will give to others a part of who you are.

Joy begets joy, happiness, happiness, and love turns into more love.  If you will give these things away they will come back to you.  As you begin to soar take others along for the ride.  Allow them to experience the freedom to be who they are and what they are.  If you will help others it will only return to you in ways that you never expected, but in ways that will make you understand that you have just understood one of life's great mysteries.  It is time for you to take to flight and while you are up there know that this is the place you were always intended to be.




No comments:

Post a Comment