Thursday, April 10, 2014

It is in knowing who you are that allows you to be who you are.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tellatic/6817840912
Knowledge will indeed make you free.  There are so many people walking around without the foggiest notion of who or what they are. Is it any wonder that they are the very same people who will complain when things are not going their way or life in general is a constant struggle? In today's bonus blog I want to tackle the issue of knowledge and just why discovering what makes you who you are will set your feet on the path of success and fulfillment.

I, just like many other people, have days when I have to remind myself that what appears to be real is more often than not just an illusion.  I have been re reading a tremendous book by one of my favorite authors, Dr. Wayne Dyer.  I have learned much from his writings and I encourage you to pick up some of his work.  It will open your eyes and mind to things that will help you along your journey to discovering your destiny.  In this particular work I was reminded that I was divinely created for a specific purpose.  Your being here is not just some willy-nilly happening.  Your being here right now was divinely inspired and once you can grasp the importance of you being here you will have taken one giant step toward your understanding of the perfection of your own design and the plan for your life.

I think there is, in most people that is, a desire to be famous for something.  A desire to achieve something great, something remarkable, and something that will place your name in some record book.  There is nothing unusual with this scenario.  If people were to be completely honest with themselves I think we have all had these thoughts at one time or another.  The one thing that needs to be looked at is why do these thoughts come in?  Are you looking to be successful because it will fill a void that might exist in your life?  Are you looking for this accomplishment because you want to prove to all those who said it could not be done that it could?  There really is no right or wrong when it comes to setting a goal and trying to achieve it.  What one has to look at is the motivation behind the goal. When I was much younger I longed to be just like J.R. Ewing.  I wanted to be a Baron of Wall Street. I wanted to reach the top, but then I had to recognize the reason behind my desires.  My desire to accomplish these lofty goals was just an attempt to feel better about myself.  I could have accomplished all of these goals, but without a knowledge of who I was, why I was here, and what I was created to do, nothing was going to fill the void that existed in my life.  I was attempting to fill the void with what others had done in the past, but what others had done was designed for their life, not mine.

One of the greatest flaws of mankind is we have allowed others to condition us to believe certain things that just are not true.  Success is not measured against what you may have deposited into your bank account, or the size of your home, the job you might have, or even the car you drive.  Success is when you have a complete knowledge of your destiny and you are taking steps to walk in that destiny.  We have to get way from the notion that success is measured against anyone else.  If your calling, your purpose in life, is to be the greatest mom or dad, then that is just as important as someone who may have a calling to lead a nation.  We have allowed man to dictate what is or what isn't a measure of success.  I know from the deepest part of my being that I have been sent here to inspire others to learn about their destiny and help them in any way that I can to step out in that destiny.  I am not motivated by how much money I can make, or how famous I will be.  Will those things come about, oh sure they will, but that is not my motivation.  When one is motivated to accomplish something because of what it will do for them, then that is a tall tell sign that they have yet to recognize the true meaning of destiny, or more important, their own destiny.  One's destiny is always going to be something that will be focused on others verses focused on self.

We live in a world that has blurred the vision of the Creator's original design.  Sooner or later we are all going to have to step back and ask the question "Why am I here?"  You are here to make the world a better place.  What you do may affect only one person and what you do may affect millions.  The number of people who benefit from you walking in your destiny is not important.  What needs to be done will be done when you accept your calling and walk in it.  Knowing the reason you were put on this earth is the one thing that you must get a handle on.  You can attempt to do many other things, but they will all be one huge act of futility until you understand the reason for your creation.

I know that the words I write will have an impact on others.  It may speak to one, it may speak to thousands.  I simply write because that is what I have been put here to do.  I trust that God will open the doors for me to walk through and then I must do my part and walk through them.  My motivation is no longer focused on filling a void that existed. My motivation is continuing on this journey that was designed for me long before I took my first breath.  My motivation is to leave something for others to benefit from long after I have taken my last breath.  I still have much to learn. I know there is still knowledge out there for me to gain from, but I long to gain that knowledge, and I encourage you to begin to gain knowledge as well.  Knowledge will indeed set you free.  The freedom you gain from it will be the freedom you need to walk in your destiny.  You are a fantastic creation with fantastic qualities that others need.  It is time to learn about who and what you are and in doing that take a giant leap toward your destiny and the destiny of others.  I look forward to learning about all that you learn about yourself.




No comments:

Post a Comment