Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Walking the razor's edge.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bbaunach/398806276
You're walking on a tight rope and without a safety net, doesn't get much more exciting that that, now does it?  You're pushing the limits to almost breaking and there is a sensation of "just a little bit more".  You're walking that fine line between doing what you love and almost feeling guilty that life could be this grand.

We all push the envelop at times.  Sometimes its for the thrill, other times it's because we can.  We sometimes blur reality with fantasy, not because we don't know the difference, but because it's kind of fun.  Many people straddle the fence: on one side it is happiness and on the other torment and dismay.  Not quite sure why one would choose torment and dismay over happiness, but it does happen.  In life we live right on the razor's edge more than we would like to admit.  I'm not saying there is anything wrong with that, it is more of an observation then anything else.  To me, walking or living around the razor's edge, is nothing more than not being able to make a decision.  It is vacillating about this or that.  Walking the razor's edge is not being willing to commit to something, when you know deep inside that you really need to make a move.

Here is my question for you today:  why?  Why do people put off making those decisions that they know they need to make?  Why do people fight those battles that mean nothing and yet they leave the really important things to wither and die on the vine?  Why do you park your car in your driveway, but drive on a parkway?  OK, that last one was my attempt at a little humor.  I hope you will forgive me for that one.  Where was I, oh yea, why? I have been guilty of putting things off simply because I really didn't want to deal with them.  Most of my close friends know that I hate confrontation.  I mean I don't like being within a hundred miles of it and will avoid it at all cost.  I guess that stems from my childhood, but that is a topic for another day.  Suffice it to say, I will do almost anything to stay out of confrontation's path, and unfortunately that is not always a good thing for me.  I have allowed my disdain for confrontation to sidetrack me from some of the most important things in life and I will say that it hasn't gotten me anywhere by doing that.  I have had to teach myself a few things along the way and in learning some valuable lessons I have been able to move forward.

When we find ourselves living on the razor's edge we often make much bigger mistakes because we focus on what can happen, and then we take our mind and eyes off of the really important issues that should have been our main focus from the very beginning.  I know none of you have ever done that, but I am guilty of it that is for sure.  I encourage you to look at situations and face them, look them right in the eye and take them on.  If you bury your head in the sand I can guarantee you the issue will still be there when and if you ever pick your head up again.  Nike Corporation had an ad campaign many years ago and it said "Just do it."  Well I'm here to tell you to "Just do it."  There has never been a better time to move forward in those things in your life that you have dreamt about doing.  Face it they are not going to get done if you don't put action to them.

There may be times when we mess things up, but face it, you can correct any mistake made.  That being said, if you never move forward in those things that you hold so dear you never have to worry about them coming to pass.  Given the choice to have what you want or go without, which one will you pick?  I know how hopeless it can seem at times, and I would give anything to be able to keep you out of that trap.  There is nothing worse then wanting something so bad that you can almost taste it and yet not have the foggiest notion of how to make it come about.  I guess you have come to another crossroad and this time you need to make sure that you are making the right choices.  Do you continue to live on the edge, not knowing what side you will fall on, or do you make a decision and move ahead?  You are the only one who can make that choice.  I can encourage you, I can root you on, I can even open doors for you, but you are the only one that can walk through that open door.

My mother used to tell me that you can only walk along the muddy bank of a river so long until you fall in.  There are certain things that are inevitable, one being that you will have to make the choice one day.  Will that decision be to walk in your destiny, or will you continue to navigate that tiny, sharp, and dangerous edge of the razor?  You need to know that you can be more than you ever thought you could be.  Don't allow things to come between you and your destiny.  Don't allow others to dictate who and what you are.  It all comes down to you.  You must decide what to do next.  You must accept the calling that has been placed on you.  If you want to experience heaven on earth, then start by accepting the fact that you have a destiny.  The greatest joy I have is doing what I am doing right now.  Each day I get to preach destiny, and each day I get to see lives change for the better.  There is nothing that I would rather be doing.  You must get to the point where you can say the same thing.  If you are not there yet, do not loose hope.  If your desire is to discover your destiny then put that request out to the universe and watch as doors are opened up for you.  Just make sure that you go through them as they are opened.

It is time to put the past to bed and look toward your next move.  It is time to "Just do it."  I am here for you and I consider it an honor anytime I can assist someone reach their destiny.  I encourage you to reach out and take the next step.  Your life will change forever and I will be there to share the joy you experience.  Let me know how it's going.

No comments:

Post a Comment