Monday, January 20, 2014

When the last trumpet sounds will you still be standing?

I like so many other New England Patriot Fans felt the agony of defeat this past weekend.  It really doesn't matter what kind of spin you put on it, the season is over, and it kind of sucks.  The question I have for each of you today is what goes on in your mind when you come face to face with the possibility of failure?  More importantly, what do you do when you are sitting right in the middle of a situation where you have no idea what to do, let alone how to get out of it? Do you pull out the white flag of surrender, or do you pull yourself up by the bootstraps and show the "never say die" attitude?

photo credit: href
="http://www.flickr.com/photos/uckhet/1897294089/">uckhet via href="http://photopin.com">photopin href="http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/2.0/">cc

It is so easy to look at someone else's situation and find all the reasons why or how they can get out of their predicament, but when these situations are your own, well that seems to be a horse of a different color.  There is an old saying that says "that which does not kill us makes us stronger".  This is not something I want to hear especially when I am buried in worry or fear over a current situation that has calamity written all over it.  Here in lies the truth:  surrender should never be an option and know that there is always an alternative.  Let's be real, not easy to believe when you are in the middle of a mess, but truth is truth.

I have faced more downturns in my life then I would like to admit but at the end of the day I still know that the sun is going to be out shinning somewhere tomorrow and I'll have another opportunity to take another step toward my destiny.  There have been times when I have questioned my own sanity and wondered why in the world would I want to go through what I have gone through in the hopes that things would turn around for me and I would be able to enjoy life for once.  Hope and faith is all we have at times, but it is hope and faith that will get you through any ordeal, no matter how tough or impossible it may seem.

Each of us are on this planet for a reason, and there is something that you are supposed to do with the time you have.  Was it fate that put you here right now, or do you believe that there is a plan for your life and your task is to figure out what that plan is?  I would have to go with the latter and if that is the case then I would have to believe that what was destined from the beginning is what is going to show up sooner or later.  The key is to have that intestinal fortitude to say "I'm still standing" and "give it your best shot."  I love it when someone will tell me of the things they have come through because it gives me pause to think that if it can work for them then it can work for me.  Ladies and Gentlemen I am here to tell you, that if it can work for me then it will work for you.  Each of us has a strength of purpose, because each of us has a purpose for being here.  You might not know what that purpose is just yet, but that doesn't mean you don't have one.

Surround yourself with people who will speak truth to you and not just blow smoke up your skirt. Certainly there is the possibility that they will tell you something you don't want to hear, but it will be something that you need to hear.  In this journey we call life it is impossible to do everything by yourself, but then again, why would you want to?  When times get tough isn't it nice to know there is someone you can always count on?  If you don't have that someone then maybe it's because you haven't allowed them into your life yet.  Open the door and invite them in and see if the support and love they show to you does not change your life in a mighty and powerful way.

Never give up, never say never, and know that your best days are still to come.  If you need a hand let me know.  I am willing to help anyone who is searching for their destiny, because helping one discover their purpose in life is what I was created to do.  You can't do it alone, and now you have a partner if you want one.  John Wooden once said, "Don't give up on your dreams, or your dreams will give on you."  It is time to take the next step, and when you do, your journey will begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment