Friday, January 17, 2014

What do you see when you look in the mirror?

I was thinking about my post today and I wasn't quite sure what inspiration was going to come to me so I took some time to flip through my latest manuscript.  The title to my upcoming book is, The 40 Greatest Lessons of Life, and I want to share with you something, that when you can grasp it, will change your life forever.  Now this may seem like a bold statement, but boldness is something we all need and when you learn the fine art of personal boldness, you will unleash possibilities that you may have long thought lost.
Courtesy shutterstock.com

First and foremost:  Beauty is and will always be in the eye of the beholder.  My question to you this fine day is how do you see yourself when you look in the mirror?  What is reflected back at you when you see yourself?  When I speak of beauty I am not talking about the surface beauty that we have, but rather the inner beauty that will last forever without regard to the normal aging process we all go through nor the seemingly droopy effect that gravity has on our physical bodies.

If you are forever looking for validation from others you are going to find yourself on the loosing end of the battle because people for the most part are more interested in themselves then they are interested in you.  Now I am not saying that there will never be someone in your life that will be there to help you out, speak life to you, and be there to pick you up when you fall down and go "boom".  What I am saying is that you need to be your greatest supporter and in that support you need to know who you are, what you are, and gain an acceptance of the calling on your life.  There is a major point I make in my book and I would be remiss if I didn't bring it to light at this moment.  If you cannot see the inner beauty in you, then it really doesn't matter what is reflected back to you in the mirror.  If you cannot see that you have a purpose and you are equipped to accomplish that purpose it doesn't matter how many supportive words people speak to you.  If you cannot accept that you are special and deserving of the bounty afforded others, then you will never get to partake in the bounty.

It took me years to realize that I had been given a great gift.  I could lay on my bed at night crying out for the answers but until I could accept certain things it didn't matter what others were saying to me.  I know I have a gift for speaking and motivating.  Now this knowledge did not come to me because someone thought I would be good at it, or because I was taught how to do it.  This knowledge came to me because I took the time to dig deep and figure out what I wanted to do, what I was destined to do, and what I equipped to do.  We need to forget what others expect, what others desire, and what others demand, and follow your heart.  You can have all the success in the world, with a corner executive office, nice home, car, and money, and if you are not doing what you were created to do, there will be an emptiness in you that will never be filled.  That emptiness will be multiplied a hundred fold when you look into your own mirror and yet the reflection that comes back to you is unrecognizable.

Being true to self is the only option you have.  If one is going to be true to self then you have to start out by loving who you are, what you are, and why you are the way you are.  Quit trying to be something you are not simply because someone says you should be.  You were put here on this earth for a reason and you have been given the traits you need to get those things accomplished.  Why worry about what others think, when it's you who has been chosen and not someone else?  When you look into your own mirror you should see your own heart and what is in your heart.  You should see the good in you and the good you can do for others.  You should see a reflection that will never change, without regard to the aging process or the results of gravity over the years.  Your true image will never change in the mirror because who you really are will never change.  Your destiny is what you were created for and unless you figure out what it is, the image you see in the mirror will be just that, an image.  Look deep inside and see what I know is in you.  Let the inner beauty dictate the outer beauty, and when you can do that, well let's just say, the reflection in the mirror will be a masterpiece the likes the world has never seen.




No comments:

Post a Comment