Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Intention: The power to change your life forever! It's not "I think I can," it is knowing you will.

Courtesy of touchpointdashboard.com
Oh for those care free days when all I had to worry about was I going to have enough money to put gas in my car so I could go out on a date on Friday.  Albeit, when I was thinking this way gas was only thirty five cents a gallon and I could fill up my 76 Honda for about four bucks.  Things have gotten a little more expensive since then and far more complex, but what was truth back then is still the same truth that will look you in the face and tell you to forget about the bad and focus on the good.

If one can never see good, I will bet you all the money in the world that you will never experience it.  Today I want to give you a tool, that when used correctly, will change everything about you and the challenges you either face or dread.  This tool is simple to understand, yet far too often hard to implement, but that is because for many, the simple things in life will confound the wise.

The Power of Intention is the one thing that you have going for you and it is the single most important thing you may ever learn in your life.  Without the ability to set the intention you will be pulled and tossed around like those little dust balls that stay under your bed and no matter how hard you try to sweep them up they seem to elude the dust pan.  Intention is feeling and knowing that what you desire is yours.  We have a tendency to think that we have to go through so much pain and suffering in the hopes that when we come out from it we will have that period of peace we want and need.  Man's greatest failing is that we have been conditioned to think, since birth mind you, that life will be full of struggles, set-backs, and challenges so get used to it.  To that I say blow it out your pie-hole.  Forget about what man says you have to go through and listen to your heart and follow it.

We often find ourselves in situations that we have put ourselves into.  We have created our own self-fulfilling prophesy.  "Oh I just know today is going to suck." or "I just knew I wouldn't have enough money."  There are a million and one things that we speak, claim, or profess, but no matter what we say we are directing what is going to come about in our lives.  If you can watch what comes out of your mouth and take that fraction of a second to decide if it is worth putting it out there to the universe, you just might see things change for you, and change in a big way.  I will tell you that I have learned these lessons the hard way and given the choice between peace and tranquility or pain and suffering, I think I will choose the peace.  Will you make this shift in thinking over night?  Probably not, face it you have been dealing with negativity all of your life.  However, if you never make an attempt I can assure you that you will be in the same place twenty years from now.

Successful people feel success, speak success, and think success.  Those that fail are the ones who are unable to see any good in things and quite often speak negative about virtually everything in life.  Is it any wonder that the walls seem to collapse on them all the time.  I have written extensively on the Power of Intention, and due to space and time constraints can't to do justice to it now.  Let me suggest that you pick up Dr. Wayne Dyer's book, The Power of Intention, it is a phenomenal book and it will change your life as it has changed mine.  I have learned to hold captive those thoughts that are counter productive to what I want to accomplish or to what I am believing for.  I have caught myself speaking negative and in mid sentence have stopped.  Now I am not perfect and there are times when thoughts and words do come forth that are not positive or enriching.  I do my best, but alas I am human and will screw it up from time to time.  The point is to become aware of what you are thinking and saying.  No one is ever going to be perfect, but at least give it a chance.

I know the Power of Intention and I will tell you that had it now been for this in my life I would not be doing what I am doing now.  If you believe there is a destiny inside of you, and if it is your desire to walk in that destiny, then I suggest you keep the words "I think I can" out of your vocabulary and instead substitute it for "I know I can."  This tiny little shift in your thinking and speaking will open up avenues that you may not have known existed.  The challenge has been issued and now you must make the decision to accept it or continue on a path that will lead to no where.

Life can be a challenge, but why make it more challenging because you have not learned to speak positive messages to yourself and the rest of the world.  Give it a shot, and let me know how it goes.  I am here to talk about it and together we will get you on your way to experiencing your True Destiny.






No comments:

Post a Comment