Friday, December 30, 2011

True Destiny, If life is a Journey, Why go it alone?

This is it, the last blog of the year. So hard to believe that 2011 is fast coming to an end and then it's 2012. Amazing how I am able to grasp the concept of time isn't it? Anyway, I am not at all unhappy to see the year come to a close. Not because it was a bad year, let's face it it had it's ups and downs. No, I look forward to the end of one year and the beginning of the next because there is always hope when we approach the new year. Hope for a better tomorrow. Hope for those around me who I love and cherish and want the best for. Hope for the New England Patriots as they try to make it to the Superbowl. OK that last one is not really something that I can control, but the hope is still there none-the-less.

We tend to come to this point in time each year and wonder who is still with us and who has departed this earth. I was looking at a tribute page just the other day and it listed all the famous people who had died during the previous year. I knew about most of them, but there were a few that somehow I did not hear about their passing. I often wonder what their families must be going through, and my heart does go out to them. At the same time I look back at all the headlines of the past twelve months. What happened in the world that may have surprised me and things that happened that came as no surprise at all. Every station on TV is doing their annual year in review. Funny thing, one station will say this about one thing and another stations will that it about something else. Always funny to see what kind of slant is put on the same stories. I'm not sure there really is such a thing as a "No Spin Zone", just sayin, lol.

I was thinking back on the previous 12 months and even though I do have some regrets, I also look at the past year and realize that I learned an awful lot about myself. I learned that I can overcome hardships. Do I wish I didn't have to go through the hardships, duh, of course I wish I could have avoided them. But, going through them has taught me some valuable lessons, and learning is what keeps us moving forward. Now I will not bore you with the details of what I went through this past year, suffice it to say, I would rather have been on a sunny beach sipping adult beverages, soaking up the sun verses going through some of my struggles. But alas, I was not on a beach, was not sipping adult beverages, and in fact went through some struggles. Here's the good news, I'm still standing and I'm still going strong. If I can get through the tough times, then you can get through the tough times. I have no more talent or intestinal fortitude than you do. If I can get up each morning to fight the battles again so can you. It is a decision that you have to make, and if you're anything like me, have to make it often.


So what's next? What will 2012 be like, and when we get to the end of 2012 will we be making the same comments we are making right now? If you're like me, and I'm sure many of you are, then life repeats itself. Too many times I have let the year slip by without doing the things I know I was supposed to do. Is it time to break this cycle of madness? Another Duh!!!! Of course it is time to break the cycle. It's time to do what is in my heart and it's time to get off the sideline and into the game. Do I have a vision for 2012? Oh you bet I do! Do I have a feeling about 2012? Without a doubt I am confident and almost giddy with excitement about the upcoming year. Do I expect 2012 to be different from 2011? That is a definite. I have grown so uncomfortable in my current situation that I am forced to make changes, changes that I do not fear, that I look forward to, and that I know it is time to make. If you have grown uncomfortable in your current surroundings then maybe a change is called for for you as well. Only you can decide when it is time to make a change. Sure there can be people around you who might recommend changes, but they will only come when you allow them. It is time to make our dreams come true, and we are going to do it our own way.

I want to wish each of you a Happy New Year. It is my desire that each of you take your dreams and ambitions to the next level. That you put action to your dreams, and you never look back. One of my favorite quotes, "I would rather attempt something great and fail, then attempt nothing all and succeed." I think this pretty much says it all. If we never step out into our destiny, then you simply can never walk in your destiny. Tiny baby steps at first, and then giant leaps. Only you can take the first step. Sure we can encourage you, but when it's all said and done, only you can step out into the things that life has for you. Don't let this next year pass you by. 2012 is just waiting for you to take charge. Blessings to each of you and prayers and wishes to each for a prosperous and joyous New Years. I will see you next year!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment