Wednesday, January 8, 2014

You have not because you ask not. You ask not because you don't believe!

To say that time flies by quicker than poop through a goose is an understatement.  After taking a break for sometime, it is now time again to get on the bandwagon and start doing what I do best, and that is provide others with a sense that all things are possible, and if you are going to make it, you need to see yourself making it.  I have taken the last two years to write more, having just finished my sixth manuscript.  Throughout the writing process I have come to the startling conclusion that the vast majority of people out there are working to survive, and they are not doing what they do because they love it.

I have come to realize that life is far too short to be taken for granted, and even more important, life is far to important, as each will find out at some time, to let things go and never figure out what will make you truly happy and fulfilled.  It is for this reason that I have resurrected True Destiny, and now with what time I have left, dedicate myself to getting out the message that if its worth having, it's worth working for, and if you are going to work, well you might as well enjoy the daylights out of it.

I have been round Robin Hood's barn more times then I would like to admit over the last two years.  I have learned some valuable lessons and I hope that what I have gone through over the last 24 months will be something that you can learn from, and in doing so, escape some of the pitfalls that I have found myself in.

I have a very dear friend who has become a mentor of sorts.  She has a wealth of knowledge and I have found myself leaning on her abilities because I don't have all the answers. I will say that coming to a place where you realize that you cannot do it all alone is a humbling place to be, but it is a place that each of us will have to get to someday, if for no other reason than to protect your own sanity.  I have come to understand that each of us has something to offer humanity.  The question that arises is what are you going to do with that one thing that you are supposed to do?  Many people will go to their graves never attempting anything at all, this is in large measure because they fear failure, and that fear keeps them frozen from accomplishing anything.  Others will have tried in the past, and some will fail, and because of one tiny setback, they will place their dreams in a drawer and never look at them again. We need to pick up our dreams again, and in doing so place yourself on a path that will lead each of us to our own promised land.

I have failed in the past, and there is no doubt that failure will want to raise its ugly head again in the future, but the one thing I will not do is quit.  It is time to set the intention, decide what you want and then go after it will all that you have inside of you.  The simple fact is this:  we do not ask for things because we doubt that "things" are for us.  To echo the title, we have not because we ask not, and we ask not because we simply do not believe.  Well my friends, its time to stop the madness and make the determination that what you want is just as important as what others want, and if you are ever going to be truly happy, you need to find those one or two things that will bring happiness into your life and go after it as if there were no tomorrows.

We all know it's a new year.  The past is past, and the future is truly what you make of it.  Simply because the previous year may not have ended the way you wanted or thought it would, is not reason to simply write-off the next year.  Everything we go through ultimately teaches us something. Many times those lessons were difficult and others were just what we needed.  Truth be told every lesson we learn in life is needed whether we want to acknowledge it or not.  As we enter into this new period why not take a look at what you know to be true and discard the rest.  Your dreams, your desire, your destiny, is all that you need and the sooner you are able to accept this, the sooner you can step out into your "True Destiny".  I encourage each of you to take some time and think on those things that will truly bring happiness into your life and go after them.

If what I bring to you this year, and every year here after, is a knowing that you can achieve all you hope to achieve, then I will have done what I was designed to do in this life.  My goal is to leave this planet knowing that I have brought something to humanity that humanity needed.  I need your help, and you may need mine, but the bottom line is that we need each other.  Yes my dear friend, it is time to step out and accomplish those things that may have been buried for years, but it doesn't mean it's too late to step out into them.  Do yourself, and those around a favor, and set aside past failures, past hurts, and past fears, and do the one thing that you have dreamt about doing all your life.  What you do today will affect others down the road in ways you can't even imagine right now.

I leave you with my favorite quote of all time.  It comes from John Wooden:  "You can't live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you."  Step out and do for others and see if the world doesn't open up to you, and then your dreams will be right in front of you.

Until we meet again remember, there is a destiny in each of us.  We each have a "True Destiny" and now it is time for you to discover yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment