Thursday, October 13, 2011

True Destiny; If Life is a Journey, Why go it alone?

To those who thought I had fallen off the face of the earth, well let's just say the the stories of my departure have been greatly over stated. Truth be told I have had such a hectic six months, something had to take second place, or maybe third or fourth place. No matter how you look at it, I am back, and ready to tackle whatever life throws at me. I have learned so much about myself over the last five or six months, and as much as I would love to share it all with each of you I will not bore you with the details. Suffice it to say I have grown and I have learned. I have been to the mountain top and even to the bottom of the valley. As this is my first blog in quite sometime I will keep this one short and starting tomorrow will attempt to thrill each of you with what is on my mind, in my heart, and from the deepest part of my soul. Wow, that makes it sound almost epic. Well maybe not epic, but certainly inspirational.

I was talking with a good friend today. Maybe that is what helped me make the decision to begin writing again. Then again, maybe it was just the right time. Throughout the last six months I have never lost my desire to reach out to the masses with my story of True Destiny. I think I needed the last few months to know deep inside of myself that what I believe is truth to me, and now I want it to become truth to you. I have had many opportunities over the last few months to run and hide. I would be a liar if I said I hadn't given thought to that, but there will always be a part of me who will not quit, and an even bigger part of me who refuses to accept defeat. I hope you will look past my time of absence, and realize that what I have to write will be pertinent to you, and you will be able to pick up where I left off.

I will endeavor over the next few months to speak what is inside my heart and with each of my words paint a picture of what is truly important in life. Now what is important to me may not necessarily be important to you. But through it all you may be able to find what is important to you and you will take the steps to walk in your Destiny. I had the opportunity to speak to a few friends over the last few weeks. During these discussions we talked about taking a leap of faith and begin walking in the direction of each of our destinies. One of the fears that many people have is taking that first step, but then getting knocked back three. We all have those moments when we get kicked down, pulled back, or otherwise lose ground. But before you lose heart think about this. If you get knocked back a few steps you can always take back the ground you originally took. However, if you never take the first step and through life's difficult times, which you know will happen, knocks you back, then you have something to take back. Never see losing ground as an end to the game. On the contrary it is your opportunity to show what you are made of and prove to yourself that you have what it takes to be who you were created to be. I have taken more ground, lost more ground than the average person will ever know. I have known failure of monumental proportion. I have lost more than one could ever imagine and through it all, I am still standing and still confident that I will walk in my destiny.

As we begin this journey again I want each one of you to realize that with tragedy comes opportunity. With opportunity comes challenges, and with challenges comes triumphs. Some triumphs are small, some are huge, and others are how ever you would like to size them up. To many, triumph comes just by crawling out of bed in the morning. Others will see triumph only when they accomplish something that has never been done before. Where ever you fall on the spectrum is unimportant. For my triumphs are mine, and yours are yours. Certainly others can have a part in these triumphs, but when it's all said and done, you still guided the ship and you got to the right place at the right time.

I asked each of you to read what I write with an open mind, without judgement, and with a desire to walk away knowing that you have what it takes to be who you are supposed to be. It's time to forget about molds and be yourself. I want to know the real you, and hopefully you will come to an understanding of the real me when you read this daily.

Yes I am different, and yes I believe that the best part of you probably has not been discovered yet. But that discovery is probably the single most important thing you will ever do. Knowing who you are is something that no one can take away from you. Knowing who you are is something that few people ever discover. Knowing who you are is the first step in walking out your True Destiny. Face it, if life is a journey, why go it alone. As long as I have breath, you will never be in this journey alone. That I promise you.

No comments:

Post a Comment