Friday, October 14, 2011

True Destiny, If life is a Journey why go it alone?

Well it's a rainy day here in Maine. It appears that summer may have shown itself for the last time this past weekend, and with fall fully on us it is only a matter of time before we hunker down and experience a good old Maine Winter. For those who have never experienced this type of weather I invite you to come up for a visit. For those of you who are out in a warm winter climate I beg you to invite me for a long long visit. As I advance in years I can appreciate a nice Arizona or Southern California Winter.
As I sit down this morning to write for only the second time in many many months, I have had to reflect on many different things. As a matter of fact I took the opportunity to read over some previous entries. I must admit that some are very very good, and some I can really tell when I was having a challenging day. Over the last few months I have had to come to some difficult decisions, some I wanted to make while others were forced upon me. Don't you know, we never like it when decisions are thrust upon us. Most people run from them like rats from a sinking ship. But no matter how you look at it, decision are a fact of life, and like it or not, we have to make them. Now there wasn't any one decision that sticks out as being overly complicated, nor overly easy. Decisions on what to wear to the office are fairly routine, although I do have my days when nothing seems to fit, and a burlap bag would suit me just fine. Other decisions haven't been as simple, but decisions that had to be made, if for no other reason for my own sanity.
We are all faced with decisions on a daily basis. I was talking with a very close friend, you can tell that I do that a lot as I make mention of it often. During our conversation we were talking about the general climate of the country. When I say climate I am not talking about the weather pattern or whether Global Warming is really something we should concern ourselves with. When I talk about climate I am talking about the general feeling of the country and each of us as part of that big country. I am under the impression that there are so many people walking around this country in total distress and hopelessness. Now let me say this; I am not talking about the political climate. I really don't care what your political affiliation is. I don't care what side of the isle you are on, nor do I care about your political views. Hold on, Side Bar, I guess I do care about some of your political views but I will save that for another time. What I see in my daily life is people walking around with what appears to be doom and gloom surrounding them. Many people have no idea when things will turn around for them. Many have gotten to the point where they are wondering if life is really worth living. Many have given up because moving forward is just so damn difficult right now. Wherever you fall on this line of misery and dread, all I can say to you is keep moving. Keep moving and eventually you will get around the brick walls, barriers, and bumps in the road.
No one ever said life was easy, far from it. But we have resources that are more powerful, helpful, and inspiring then we could ever wish for. Those resources are friends and loved ones. When in doubt reach out to those who truly know what is inside of you and are willing to help pull it out of you. Now keep this in mind, there are times when tough love is called for. If you find yourself on the receiving end of this tough love, just count your blessings and thank God you have someone in your life who cares enough about you to do the right thing. Albeit it is never fun being on the receiving end of tough love. In fact, in most cases, it down right pisses one off. But after all the dust settles we can see the goodness in this action and long after the dust settles we can say our thank-you's.
As I move forward with this blog again it is my hope that you gain some understanding as to the complexity of life, the pit falls to avoid, and the understanding that coping with daily issues is something we all have to do. It is my desire to share my views, thoughts, and beliefs, in an effort to make your decisions much easier, and far less traumatic. I have said this so many times before, but if Life is a journey, why go it alone. There is power in numbers, and when you and I team up there really isn't anything we can't accomplish. Search your hearts and know that those dreams that reside inside of you need to come out. Dreams are not just for us. They may also be there to help others achieve their destiny.

No comments:

Post a Comment