Tuesday, January 18, 2011

True Destiny, If Life is a Journey, Why go it alone?

Today is______!! I guess maybe today is a day where you get to fill in the blank. To some it may be a day of new beginnings, to others it may be a continuation of what has already begun, that which brings joy and happiness. To others still it may be a time to remember the past and still look toward the future. Whatever your today is, live for it. I was reminded how fleeting life can be as a very close friend lost a dear loved one over the weekend. I'm sure that this person who was at the end of the circle of life was not wondering if he worked hard enough, put in enough hours, or raised as high as possible up the corporate ladder. My guess is that he wishes he had spent more time with those he loved, and shared his love with them. We only get once chance at life, wouldn't it be a shame if we spent all our time trying to get ahead in life, forgetting what is the most important thing, that being relationships with those we love.

It is my desire that I have many many more years to go before I take my last breath. I don't have a crystal ball so there is no telling when my time will be up. I for one want to use each day I have to let those who are closet to me know how much I love, appreciate, and cherish them. I think we as humans never really realize what we have in front of us until we are facing a time when what we hold most dear is taken away. It's kind of like that last piece of holiday candy. You have enjoyed it throughout the season, but it's not until you are about to take the last piece that you realize that there won't be anymore until next year. You will often put off eating the last piece, because it is just that, the last piece. What if the company decides not to produce it again next year? Could this be the last piece you ever get to enjoy? When confronted with such a situation what will you do? I have often thought about the possibility of being told that I only have a specific period of time left to live. What if you were told that you only have six months to a year to live, what would you do? Would you sell everything you had and start on your bucket list? Would you take the trip you always wanted to go on? Would you rekindle a relationship that ended long before it was supposed to? We all have a list of should of, would of, and could of. If life is fleeting, maybe we should look at our list and start doing what is on it now. Let me say this, I am not prophesying doom and gloom. Not you, nor I, or anyone, can ever say when our time will be up. I know very few people if asked have they completed everything they wanted to complete in life, would say yes. It's not because they don't have the ability to complete it, but the common response is that they haven't gotten around to it. Maybe it's time we get around to doing some of the things on our list. My list is so extensive I'm not sure there is enough time for me to get to every thing on it, even if we had an eight day week, and each day had 36 hours. But this one thing I do know; there's no time like the present to get started.

We need to look inside our hearts and determine what is most important to us and go after that. I hear all the time from people that the reason they haven't gotten to complete certain things on their "list" is that they haven't the resources, the time, or the ability. Gee I guess that is a good excuse, but an excuse none-the-less. If there are things on your list that you want to complete, why allow certain areas of lack, resources, time, or ability, stop you. It seems to me that these areas have been the reason most people fail to achieve the level of success they desire. Oh I don't have the skills for this job, or that job! I don't have the time to begin again! I'm not sure I have the talent to do it! Stop the madness people. Listen to what you are saying, and make the determination that lack is not going to stop you. If desire is not enough, then I honestly don't know what to tell you. Don't get me wrong, I have a long way to go before I can honestly say that I have completed everything on my list. I'm not even sure I can say that I have even put a dent in my. I am just like everyone else, my list of things to do is a long as long can be. I am just like any other person wondering where all the time has gone, and feel guilty that I have squandered so much time on useless worry and strife.

Today is your opportunity to set things right, and redirect the path you are on. I am not here to say that what you have done thus far is not good or wrong. But ask yourself this, is what I have done enough? Only you have the ability to answer this question. Only you have the ability to look at your life and determine your should of, would of, and could of's. Take some time to look at your list, and just think about what is on it, and what it would mean to you to knock a few items off of it. Life is fleeting this is for sure. Maybe it's time to make your life a little more exciting, thrilling, and dare devilish. Maybe just maybe it's time to take a chance and step outside the box. Maybe just maybe it's time to do something out of character just to spice things up. Think about it, you just might inspire others by your actions to chip away at their list. Just think, the life you change might just be someone else's, now think about that........


No comments:

Post a Comment