Wednesday, January 5, 2011

True Destiny, If Life is a Journey, Why go it alone?

Well we start a new administration here in Maine today as Gov-Elect Paul LePage assumes the Governorship. Whether you are on the Republican or Democrat side of the isle, it is time to put the people of Maine first and make party politics a thing of the past. I extend my best wishes as Mr. Lepage leads our state and I encourage everyone to do the same. We have serious problems in this state and these problems need fixin right away. I can remember when President Obama took office and there were many who wished him well, and at the same time there were others who wanted nothing more than for him to fail. Now I have heard some stupid things in my time but wishing for the failure of our Nation's Leader is beyond normal stupidity. If the President fails, then this country fails. The same can be said for our new governor. Now I do not agree with all that Governor LePage stands for, nor do I like all of his policies. But I do love my state and it is my hope that he is able to fix our current problems and bring Maine back to the way we all know it can be. I am not sure that anyone in their right mind would choose to be President or Governor during these troubled times. There will never be a time when one person will be able to please everyone. But there has to come a time when we give our leaders the support they need to do the job and prayers for their success. After all if the President and Governor fail, we fail, and life as we know it will only get worse.

That having been said, I will be watching everyone involved with our state government and I will be like a tick on a dog if things get out of whack. Changes will have to be made and sacrifices will have to tolerated. We can not continue on the path or continued tax hikes, and over spending, and expect things to get better. Now I don't have all the answers, but I do know that I would surround myself with people who do have the answers and I suspect that is what our new Governor will do. OK Enough about politics, I can already see the churning in people's stomachs just thinking about it.

I think what I like most about today is that we are looking at a time of new beginnings. A time to reflect on the things of the past, those things that worked and those things that didn't work. It has often be said that if we fail to look at history we are doomed to repeat it. I dare say that our current leaders will be looking at a lot of our history with the hopes that we do not repeat the mistakes of the past. Well if they have a scintilla of smarts they will look at it.

I will allow the day to speak for itself, and I wish this new administration much success and hopes for a brighter future for Maine.

No comments:

Post a Comment