Monday, January 3, 2011

True Destiny, If Life is a Journey, Why go it alone?

Happy New Year to one and all, and I am so glad we are in 2011 and that 2010 is just a memory. As much as I love the Holiday Season I am very glad it is over, and looking forward to what this new year has in store for me, and for you. It was so weird not writing for a week and truth be told I gave some serious thought to not writing today and putting all of this on the back burner for a while, until I get things straightened out in my life. But it took an early morning drive this morning to realize that putting off what I love most is not the answer so I will do what I know to do, and will just leave the rest up to fate.

I think we all look at any new year as an opportunity for change, an opportunity to start fresh, and an opportunity to see things more clearly and without a lot of baggage from the previous mishaps or setbacks. I am not unlike so many others who had struggles during the last year, and I for one am looking forward to a year full of new opportunities and successes. I was talking with a dear friend the other day, and he was quite concerned that I was going to drop many of my goals because the previous year had been so freakin difficult. Truth be told, if I could have picked up roots and just moved away to start fresh I would have done that. I am not immune from the trials and tribulations that others experience, and there are days when I just want to give up and go away. I will be honest and let you know that I experienced those feelings more than I would Like to admit the previous year. I have known down times in my life but none as drastic as the past year. I know that I am not the only one who has gone through these difficult times, and I know how others feel having gone through them myself. There were days when I really didn't want to wake up and if I didn't, well let's just say I gave it some thought.

Through all the trying times of the past year I still could not let go of my dream, and it is the one thing that kept me moving. Not always moving forward, but moving none-the-less. I was unsure of what I wanted to write today. I know that more often than not I talk about goals, dreams, and destiny. Too many people, I sound like a broken record, saying the same old thing, day after day. But I also know that there are people who need to hear what I say because they are at the end of their rope and hopelessness is looking them right in the face and they do not have the power to pull themselves through the difficult times. It is to these people that I want to say one thing, and one thing only; don't give up and don't give in. If 2010 taught me anything it is that I have the ability to get through difficult times and that if I can do it so can you. Much like spring time brings us new life in the form of flowers, leafs on the tress, and birds chirping in the mornings, so a new year brings new beginnings. New beginnings to what may have been a turbulent year, a year that we all would like to forget. A new year gives us all an opportunity to try new things, experience new ideas, and formulate new plans.

I was so beat down this past year that I would have given anything just to move away and start fresh some place else. Problem is, I still would have my same problems no matter where I ended up. I had to come to the decision that to face my issues and problems head on was the only acceptable action I could take. Maybe others out there have faced similar issues and come to the same conclusion as I, that is, face these problems, and turn them into a testament of your ability to overcome life's difficult moments.

As I begin my writing or blogging for the year, it is my hope that those that follow this blog will take with them the inspiration they require to move forward with the goals and dreams they have, and in doing so may help others achieve the goals and dreams in their lives. I have to take this next year one day at a time, once challenge at a time, and one goal at a time. I offer this one final thought for today: There is power in numbers. Many have tried to succeed on their own power, not looking to others for help, when all they really needed to do was accept the help that others were offering. It is never a sign of weakness to need the help of others. The weakness comes into play when we refuse the help of others. As I am so found of saying, If life is a journey, why go it alone. We each have a golden opportunity to begin walking in our destiny, we may want to try and do it alone but I encourage you to fight this feeling and bring people along with you who have shown a desire to be there for you. Don't rob someone of the blessing of helping you out. It may be what they need to do to get them to the place they were intended to be. Grab all that life has to offer you this year. I truly believe that 2011 will be a turn around year for many of us. Get in line and with a joy in your heart, a smile on your face, and hope for the future, walk in your destiny. Think about it.......

No comments:

Post a Comment