Friday, December 24, 2010

True Destiny, If Life is a Journey, Why go it alone?

Twas the Night before Christmas and for many a new journey will begin, filled with promise, opportunity, and most of all renewed hope. A hope for a better tomorrow, a hope for reaching the place you were destined to be, and a hope that life will be just a little bit better tomorrow and then each and every day there after. As I will be taking a break from writing next week, this will be my final blog for 2010. Maybe its a good time for me to reflect on the past year, and look ahead to 2011. One year ago I sat at this computer writing a similar blog as I was getting ready to put 2009 to bed and looking ahead to 2010 with an eager anticipation for what was in store for me in the upcoming year. I wish I could say that 2010 had turned out the way I had hoped. It didn't, and now I guess the best course of action is to look ahead to 2011 with an equal amount of anticipation and a renewed hope that this will be a year to celebrate when it is time to close the books on 2011. I know there are many people who have had to live through trying times during the past year. Many have been without work, many without money or resources to do the things that bring happiness and joy, and to others it was a year where things just didn't go as planned. If you have gone through this type of year you are not alone and there are many who are wishing, praying, begging for a better year to come. All I can say is that things will improve and as you begin the new year you now have a clean slate and you can take this next adventure anywhere you want to take it.

As the eternal optimist, I have to look at the upcoming year and smile knowing that things will work out, that I will walk out my destiny, and that I will be the man I was preordained to be before I was even thought about. My optimism is not only for me, but for the other people who are in a like place, just wanting to move ahead slowly and surely. I'd like to thank the many people who have shown me love and support this past year. I dare say that I would not have survived the past year were it not for the love, support, and kindness I received from so many different people. I want to thank each of you for being there for me, and I hope and pray that I can be there for you when you need me.

Here is my take on 2011, as they say from my mouth to God's ear. I long for a year full of promise, dreams coming to pass, and passions fulfilled. I long for a year that will see unbridled joy and happiness as I reach my destiny. I long for a year where the only sound I hear is the unquenchable laughter of others as they enjoy successes beyond their wildest dreams. We all deserve the best life has to offer. We all desire to be in the right place at the right time, accomplishing the things that have been in our hearts for years and years. We all hope that this next year will be the turning point where good overcomes dread, where sadness is turned to joy, and where dreams become a reality. Will 2011 be a turning point for us? I will say yes, and maybe just maybe we will experience the types of victories reserved only for the story books. It will be "And they lived happily ever after". I lay hold of the truth that goodness and kindness will never go out of vogue, that the best we have to offer others is what others want and need. I stand here today proclaiming victory in 2011. A year to rebuild that which was destroyed or damaged in 2010. A year to enjoy some much needed peace and tranquility. A year to look back on and say my oh my I never thought life could be so sweet and happy. We all have the ability to walk in our destiny, and walk we will in the upcoming year. My New Years prayer for each of you is that you are made keenly aware of what you were placed on this earth to do. That you will get a renewed sense of what is important and what you can do to help others achieve their dreams and destiny.

May blessings abound to each of you this next year. May the Spirit of Christmas engulf you and may you come to an understanding of the true meaning of the season. May the New Year smile on you with opportunity after opportunity to achieve those things that you have wanted to achieve for years and years.

One final thought: Christmas is a time where we smile a little bit more, laugh a little bit more, and love the ones who are so important to us. Share your smile, laughter, and love, and accept those same smiles, laughter, and love when it comes from someone else. It is time to understand Peace on Earth, Goodwill for all. Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and may you walk out your destiny with boldness, determination, and excitement.

No comments:

Post a Comment