Monday, December 6, 2010

True Destiny; If life is a Journey, Why Go it Alone?

It's Monday and time to get back in the grove. I must apologize for slacking off last week, but having just completed the Thanksgiving Holiday I just had to extend it as long as possible, so I gave myself another three day weekend, and must say it was enjoyable. But now I must focus all my efforts on each of you, and do what I was intended to do each day; put a smile on your face and a song in your heart. I hope it has worked in the past and will continue to work in the future.

We all have struggles each day of our life. Sometimes these struggles seems insurmountable, others are just bothersome. Which ever type you face on a daily basis know that there is always a way to get through them and that there is help out there for you, you just need to seek it out. I have been torn in two lately tying to decide what to do about a certain situation. On the surface it seems like an easy decision, but there are so many different layers to this issue, it really has caused some turmoil in my life. Now this particular situation is not life altering, at least not as far as I can tell, but it does bring with it certain challenges and those challenges are what has caused some sleepless nights. Have you ever wanted something so bad that you walk around in a fog not knowing what you're doing, and have no clue what to do next? I have been in that fog for the last few weeks, maybe even months. I have tried cleansing breaths, meditation, prayer, and still the fog has not lifted. Man what I would give for a crystal ball that could tell me exactly what is in store for me and when I can expect it to happen. I think we all would like to have that assurance that things will work out and that we will get to the end zone and score the game winning touchdown. I use the football analogy because of the big game tonight between the Patriots and Jets, go New England. OK, that was my shameless push for all you non New England fans.

Where was I? Oh yes, decisions,decisions, decisions, direction, direction, direction. I love it when someone will tell me that I have helped them in making a tough decision or gave them advise which has helped them head in the right direction. Many times my response is "Really?" When I speak to people it is never with the intent to lead them or guide them. I simply talk from the heart and what ever they garner from it is up to them. I hate when someone gives you advise and their motives may not be pure. That is nothing more than manipulation, and there is a special place in hell for people who will use others for their own gain, especially when someone is really depending on you for truth and honesty. I will tell you now, and you can choose to believe me or not, but I will never put me into an equation when I am helping others. If one chooses to bless me after, so be it, but to use a situation for your own interest is so so low. OK, I will get off my small soapbox on this one, I could go on for ever but choose not to this morning. I don't know what got me on that rant this morning, but maybe someone needed to hear it.

So I have had to make some tough decisions, well lets say that I have positioned myself to make some tough decisions. I haven't exactly made them yet, I want to make them, and need to make them, and it is my intent to make them. But I haven't decided what is the best time to make these decisions. Maybe I should decide what the best time is, and then plan to make them then. Sound convoluted? We do this to ourselves all the time. We get so wrapped around the wagon wheel that the decisions that we need to make, never gets done, and the situations just stagnate out there. Now I am not saying to go out and make rash decisions for the sake of saying you made a decision. What I am saying is that decisions do not have to stop you in your tracks.

One final thought; follow your heart. When it's all said and done your heart will never lead you astray. It is who you are, and it will show you what you're supposed to do. Many people will try to form you in their image, but that's not always who or what you are supposed to be. I know this to be true. Too many times in the past I have tried to be what everyone wanted me to be, and it got to the point where I became someone I'm not. Oh I thought I was the right person but deep down I was fooling myself, and wasn't being true to who I really was. I'm not saying that people had wrong intentions, but it wasn't right for me. It has taken me a long time to figure out who I am, and now I am not willing to give me up. At the end of the day you have to look at yourself in the mirror and be happy with what you see. Your heart is the mirror of your soul, and your soul is the true essence of who you are. Believe in yourself and your abilities to figure out what to do next. When all the worrying is done, when you have shed your last tear, when you feel like all is lost, know that you still have a chance to be the person you were destined to become. A destiny that is full of promise, happiness and joy. Think about it.....




No comments:

Post a Comment