Tuesday, November 23, 2010

True Destiny; If life is a Journey, Why Go it Alone?

Ever have one of those days where you're just in a quirky mood? I mean one of those days where you are looking to get into some mischief and have all kinds of fun? One of those days where you want to pull every practical joke you can remember? I think you get my point. I got up this morning and realized that the day is what I make of it, and if it's going to be a good one, I have the responsibility to make it so. Everyone has walked around in darkness from time to time. Not knowing what direction to go in, and not having idea one of what to do next. There are days when we walk around in a daze just trying to figure out what is going on. I hate days like those, but love days like today. I woke up with a smile on my face, and a song in my heart. OK, maybe not a song in my heart, but my ipod was playing so I guess that's close enough.

I think my message to each of you today is don't give up, and just give in. Give in to the fun things in life. Maybe we need to take life a little less seriously and loosen up a bit. My god, I know people who are so uptight that if you stuck a piece of coal up their butt it would turn into a diamond. You know what I'm talking about!! Sure there is a time to be responsible; job, family, relationships. But there's also a time to throw caution to the wind and just let go. It's like that long ride up the roller coaster and as you reach the top you throw caution to the wind and raise the hands and scream like a little girl. For me, I hold tight, close my eyes, and then scream like a little girl. But heck we take the first ride and then we want to do it again. Eventually you let go of the bar, open your eyes, and yes scream like a little girl. Life is a lot like this roller coaster. We have an anticipation as we approach different events. We are a little scared and try as we might we aren't quite sure we want to let go of the bar. As we hit the top and start to go down we realize we're going to be OK, and this ride or situation is not so bad. Shoot, we actually are looking forward to doing it again.

Life's path has many twist, turns, curves, and loops; how we handle them is entirely up to you. Some people will run from them and do anything not to acknowledge their existence. Others will face each thrill and embrace it for the challenge it presents. There are no right or wrong ways to attack each challenge. You are only wrong when you refuse to face these issues and challenges, because both you and I know they are not going to just go away. If I could wish each challenge I have faced away, I would gladly have done that. I have had to face my share of challenges in life as you will, and there have been times where I have failed miserably, as you will also. However, the first step in tackling any challenge is acknowledging that they exist and knowing that you do have what it takes to overcome them.

Allow me to leave you with this last thought for the day; perseverance is not just sticking something out. Perseverance is letting others know that you will not be limited by insurmountable odds. It's not walking away from a lousy situation, or denying it is looking you right in the face. Perseverance is standing when you feel you have nothing left to stand for. It is speaking to your situation and telling it to go straight to hell. You have what you need to persevere, every thing you need. I know for a fact that I have wanted to quit in the past, but something inside of me would not allow it. There are times when we need to pick ourselves up by the boot straps and surge ahead come hell or high water. When all else fails, simply try something else. You know what I always say, "It's never over until I say it is." Think about it....

No comments:

Post a Comment