Monday, November 22, 2010

True Destiny; If life is a Journey, Why Go it Alone?

It's Thanksgiving week and already plans are in full swing for the holiday week. Grocery stores are jammed packed with turkeys flying out of the coolers quicker than Grant went through Richmond. How I love this time of year. I have learned that I never plan a trip to any store if I am trying to fit it in between events or appointments. I will always get in the one check out line with price checks, angry customers, or every other time waster one can imagine. No, I go when I have nothing else on my plate and I can just relax and watch people. I figure it's not worth increasing the acid in my stomach by trying to get something on the fly. Not worth it, not worth it one little bit. LOL

This is the time of year that we look back and remember the things we are grateful for and we begin to look toward the future and wonder what's in store for us. I've been through so many changes over the last few years I hardly know where to begin. I was not always thankful during those difficult times of change, but having come through it, I can now see the benefits it has brought to me. Change is never easy, at least for me it hasn't been, but it is necessary from time to time. I look at my life and wonder where the years have flown off to, and yet I have an expectation of the future that seems so bright and full of life that I can hardly contain the joy and excitement. I look at others and wonder what's going on in their minds. Are they where they're supposed to be, doing what they're supposed to be doing, and most importantly are they happy with the person they have become.

I am cursed! Not cursed in a bad way, at least I don't feel it as being bad, but cursed none-the-less. I am cursed with compassion, compassion that more often than not controls my life in ways that I never thought possible. I hardly go though a day where I don't think of other's needs and wants, and wish I could meet every one of them. I can be minding my own business and look at someone and wonder "are you happy at this very moment". I've always had dreams of being Superman, able to be there to help others and to right the world of evil, corruption, hurt, and pain. Is it because I am better than anyone else? Absolutely not, I have faults and shortcomings that outnumber the stars in the heavens. I do however have an unfailing desire to make this world a better place one person at a time. People who know me also know that my charge in life is to put a smile on at least one person's face each day. Sometimes this task is an easy one and sometimes it's like pulling teeth. It is a task that I cherish and am so thankful that I get an opportunity to complete it each and every day of my life.

As we approach the Thanksgiving Holiday, do yourself one huge favor. Take a look at where you are now as opposed to where you were ten years ago, and where you will be ten years from now. If you haven't moved an inch, and you don't plan on moving, maybe it's time for that change we have talked about. Moving ahead in life is not saying that what you are doing right now is wrong or incorrect. It's not saying that because you are moving forward that success has not followed you. No, on the contrary, it's saying that moving forward will open up other opportunities to be what you're supposed to be and maybe just maybe help someone else obtain something special in their life.

We live to make this world a better place, for ourselves, for others, and for humanity. One person can change the world. I refuse to believe that this is as good as it gets. If I have to be a one man army of change then so be it, but why not join the ranks and lets march forward and change our planet.. There are hurting people all around us who need what you have inside of you. It's time to change the world and in doing so maybe change a little bit in ourselves. Think about it......

No comments:

Post a Comment