Friday, November 19, 2010

True Destiny; If life is a Journey, Why Go it Alone?

As Linda Ellerbee used to say "And so it goes". Life goes on one day at a time, loaded with ups and downs. I like to say that some days you're the windshield and some days you're the bug. No matter what life throws at you, expected or unexpected, each of us has what it takes to come out victorious. There are going to be days when victory is the farthest thing from your mind. Survival is a much better descriptor for many people today. We are living in a time where people are walking around hopeless, not knowing how they will pay the rent or mortgage, robbing Peter to pay Paul. It's a vicious cycle, and you hear screams "Stop the world I want to get off". I have been there before and I'm sure will be there again. It is during these times that we need to have faith and believe that there is light at the end of the tunnel. I would like to believe that things that don't kill us, will ultimately make us stronger. Now it's hard to remember that when we are in the midst of our struggles. I for one have cried out to stop the madness, that I've had enough, and I don't want to play anymore. Equally as important, I have had times where I have known total peace of mind, joy, happiness, and tranquility. I will say that the latter is far and above the better place to be. That is a no brainer!

For those of you that are struggling with the up and downs of life know there is a story book ending to your strife and fears. It is in these times of toil that we need to dig deep and know the destiny that resides in every one of us. A destiny that was formed before you were born. A destiny that represents who and what you are supposed to be. You can not change destiny. Sure you can alter its outcome and you can delay it, but destiny is and always will be yours. Yours to own, yours to embrace, and yours to look on with wonder and amazement. Destiny should put a smile on your face every time you think about it. It should encourage you, excite you, and put a skip in your step as you walk toward it. These are not just sugar coated words. I can not and will not give up on my destiny and neither should you.

I was having a phone interview yesterday and I was asked the question if I thought that everyone has the ability to work. There are people today who are disabled, have afflictions that may seemingly stop them from working, or simply are not equipped for a particular function. My response to the interviewer was an emphatic yes. Now there may need to be some modifications to the workplace, or procedural elements, but yes everyone has the ability to work. We may have to incorporate some ingenuity to get things done, but ingenuity is what made this country great. Necessity is the mother of invention, and there is no reason not to expect that we can work things out so others can work. As a believer in possibilities, both large and small, I look to the future and think it looks bright. A future full of promise. A future that is sure to have it's high points and low points, but in the end destiny will find a home. I encourage you to look to the future. Don't forget the past, but don't let the past pin you in a corner. Too many times we look at the past and fear settles in and we feel it will always repeat itself. Learn from past mistakes and move ahead with full force. You have all you need to be successful. Step into life and out of the darkness that has hindered you in the past. There is no time like the present, and the future has great things in store for you, simply believe. Think about it.......

No comments:

Post a Comment