Wednesday, November 10, 2010

True Destiny; If life is a Journey, Why Go it Alone?

Today is a day to reflect. I was just notified that a dear friend of almost 30 years has been diagnosed with Stage Four Lung Cancer. He is just a year older than me, and it has left me thinking about my own mortality and just how important each day we have is. If I had the power to eradicate this awful decease from the planet I would do it in a heartbeat. Cancer has proved to be the most hideous decease I can think of. It has caused pain, suffering, and torment to so many people. In thinking about my friend I wonder what is going through his mind right now. Has he accomplished all he wanted in life? Has his time left a mark on society and other's lives? Only he can answer that, but I am also thinking the same thoughts this morning. Have I had an impact on the people around me? Have I accomplished all that I have set out to accomplish and can I say with any surety that I have made a difference in the world? I guess the answers to these questions will have to be come from someone else. I would like to think that I have brightened the lives of many and helped them achieve a certain level of success. Whether you have lived for just a short time, or as others have said are living out the sunset of their existence, we all ask this same question. Has my life had meaning and have I made a difference?

I'm not sure we really think about death all that much until we are confronted with it because of a friend or loved one, or even our own selves. I have made a point of letting my family know what my final wishes are. It is never easy to talk about, but better to discuss it now, then leave it to chance. We are all going to have to face this subject sooner or later. Of course it's never easy to think about death, but shoving your head in the sand and refusing to look at the inevitable is stupid at best. What I want each of you to do is look at your life thus far and think about the dreams you still have, and what it would mean to fulfill them before it is your time to depart these earthly bounds.

I want nothing more in life then to help others achieve a level of success that they only see in their dreams. Dreams mind you that should give you a charted course to achieving all that you have in your heart. I hate when I see people who have given up on their dreams. Yes life is difficult at best, and many times we want to give up and say "what's the use". But giving up before you have really put in the effort is sad, and often there is no turning back. Don't give up on what you have deep in your heart. Don't give up on the best part of you. Don't give up simply because you have hit a road block or some idiot has said you can't do something. I am a lot like Captain Kirk of the Star Ship Enterprise, I don't believe in the "No Win" scenario. Yes there are going to be times when our dreams seem out of reach and unattainable. Wish I could say different, but I am a realist, and there are going to be times when we all want to quit and just move on. Fight this with all you have inside and don't give into defeat and loss. If it's worth having it's worth fighting for. Fight with all you have inside and seek out the help of others who are there to help when all seems lost. Fight like there is no tomorrow and with a feeling that the world needs what you have inside your heart and you won't quit until everyone gets a piece of it. Your dreams are what you are! Your destiny is what you were born to do and no one can stop it. It is time to dig in your heels and say no to defeat. It's time to move forward with what you know you are supposed to be doing in life. It's time to show the world that you are special and what you have to offer others is of value.

This one thing I know; only you can be what you were created to be. The piece of the puzzle that only you bring to the table. You might be the one thing missing in some one's life. You can bring answers to questions that others have about the meaning of life. Do I mean to over dramatise the situation? Oh you bet! Drastic times require drastic measures, and the time has come to take that step of faith and move forward in what you are destined to do. I will not stop pushing my message of hope and destiny until everyone has had the opportunity to hear it. Once you get a hold of the hope inside you, you will feel the same way and then your life will be changed forever. It is my hope that you get there quickly for others are in need of the hope that you display. Never give up and never in to doubt and fear. Your tomorrows will be bright and filled with joy and happiness. Think about it........


No comments:

Post a Comment