Friday, June 18, 2010

True Destiny; If life is a Journey, Why Go it Alone?

It's going to be a beautiful weekend in Maine and I for one am going to be out there soaking up as much sun as I can take and living life to the fullest. If I can be so bold to say, most people do not know what it is like to live life to the fullest, and that is a sad state of affairs. I know so many people who walk around all day with this tiny little thunder cloud hovering above them. To them the sky is always falling or they are just waiting for the other shoe to drop. I feel for people like these because there is no need for such nonsense. Now don't get me wrong, bad things can and do happen to good people. Conversely good things always seem to happen to less than stellar people, I haven't quite figured that one out just yet. But to simply give up because the going gets tough is just down right stupid. We all go through rough patches in our lives. I have been through some many rough patches I could fill the largest football stadium in the world with rough patches. But the one thing that I do is never give up and never say never.

You have heard me say in the past, or read my words, that it's never over until I say it is. You have to take this to heart and realize that you can and will get through the tough times in life. That's not to say that you will come out of it untouched and not cut and tattered. I have more bruises from tough times than Carter has tiny little liver pills. But my attitude is and always will be, get back up on the horse when she bucks you off. Every now and again you just need someone to remind you of these things. People are desperate today to hear promising words and uplifting messages. They need to know that they are not alone in the muck and Myer that they are going through. Truth be told we all have these difficult times but some people never want to admit it. To them it is a weakness to say that things suck at times. Well let's face it things do suck at times and it is those times when we need people around us who can be there to help us up and move us on our way. I can not turn my back on friends, as much as I would like to some times, but deep down my compassion is too strong and I can't stand seeing someone hurt and lost. Yea maybe I am a softy, but as I have said before Karma is a bitch and it will bite you in the butt someday.

So what can you do when the times get tough? Stand up tall, take no prisoners, and for heavens sake, don't fall into despair and worry. All despair and worry can do is send you to an early grave. Trust me, there have been times in my life when I wanted to die. I mean seriously I would lay in bed at night praying to God that I didn't wake up the next morning. Not that is desperation with a Capital D. Thank goodness he had other plans for me and I am still around kicking and scratching all the way. Life is not simple, and times may be tough, but deep down inside each of us is a knowledge that there is something we are suppose to accomplish in this life. My task is to pull that out of each of you. To get you to see the big picture, and to realize that our best times are ahead of us and together we will reach the mountain top. The view from the top is spectacular and I for one want to take in it's beauty and splendor. So what do you say, give me a call and let's talk about what makes you tick, what makes you happy, and what stands in your way. We will come out of this and we will be stronger. After all, if life is a journey, there is no reason to go it alone. Think about it..............

1 comment: