Monday, January 18, 2010

True Destiny, If Life is a Journey, Why go it Alone?

It's a classic snowy day in Maine this morning. The ground is more than covered and the wind is blowing like crazy, it is days like this that I wonder about why I live here. But after some reflection I realize that I really never want to leave, and the reasons are numerous for that. First off I can think of no place I would rather be in the summer than the coast of Maine. It is one of the most beautiful places on the face of the earth, and I for one enjoy every second of every day that I get to experience it. Second, I believe in effecting positive change in all that I do and believe you me Maine is in dire need of some change in many areas. I see people every day who are desperate for change not only in their personal but also professional lives. There are people all around who do not know where to turn next because times have gotten so bad. There is a feeling of doom and gloom, and many can not muster enough strength to get out of bed in the morning and face the day. How do I know these things, because I have been there myself. It is not a place I like being in, and it is a place that I hope I never have to be in again.



That being said, what can I do to help someone out of the darkness and into the light? As I have sad so many times in the past, everyone has dreams, and most of us have unfulfilled dreams. Many times we feel as though life has passed us by and there will never come a time when you will fulfill your dreams. This is the time that I must be honest and tell you that there is never a time when you should give up on your dreams. Sure there are moments when we want to, and often times when we feel as though we have too. But once again you are the only one who can drop a dream and my question is why would you want to? In my book I state that age is never a limiter when it comes to dream fulfillment. Whether you are 18, 38, or even 88, there is still time to go after them, and I encourage everyone to do just that. In my humble opinion there is nothing worse than giving up on a dream. Most of the time we give up because we hit a bump in the road or run into a roadblock, but bumps and roadblocks are apart of life and how we handle them is a show of character. I have unfulfilled dreams and I do not want to give up on them. Some of my dreams are small and others are bigger than life. Either way I want each of them and do not want to quit until I get there. I challenge each of you to take the same approach, and don't give up until you achieve them all. Life is grand, but it can be better with each dream that is fulfilled and when that happens can life get much better. Think about that............

No comments:

Post a Comment