Friday, January 15, 2010

True Destiny, If Life is a Journey, Why go it Alone?

As we come to the end of another work week, my head is looking toward a great weekend, but my heart is focused on the tragedy in Haiti. The destruction and carnage is beyond belief and my heart goes out to all those who have been affected by this disaster. To the family and friends of those lost,and those who have yet to be found I can only say how sorry I am and that my thoughts and prayers are with each of you. It is sometimes difficult to wrap my mind around why things like this happen. I know we have had disasters in the past, both here in our country and abroad. But Haiti is such a poor country and this is the last thing they need. They still had not fully recovered from the hurricanes of the previous season.

We've always asked the question why do bad things happen to good people? If only I had the answer to that question. There are terrible forces in this world, and at times those forces take the forms of the type of disaster we have seen in Haiti. There is no explanation to why these things happen and unfortunately we can only sit back and give aid when these things happen. It is a real eye opener to the forces of nature and how destructive mother nature can be. It is my hope that no one who reads this blog will ever have to go through a disaster such as the one that took place in Haiti.

I am saddened when I think of the horror this country has gone through and what it means to the thousands of displaced people in Haiti. What do you say to someone who has been through such horror and despair? There are not words sufficient to describe how I would love to turn back the hands of time and get the entire country out of harms way. The innocence of youth may be scared for life, and futures, already shaky due to the economic conditions of the country are even more turbulent now. Please join me with your prayers for this country and it's citizens. It is time to come together as humanity dictates to provide aid and assistance to all the cititzens of Haiti.

No comments:

Post a Comment