Thursday, December 24, 2009

True Destiny, If Life is a Journey, Why go it Alone?

It's hard not to talk about the Holiday season since we are smack dab in the middle of it right now, and every other blogger is writing the same stuff. Try as I might my thoughts are on this special time of year, and what it means to others and myself. I do love this time of year because it always gives me pause to think about what is important to me. I love spending time with family and friends and everyone has a smile on their face and they seem to have a little get-up in their step. The malls are packed, roads full, and kids pinging off the walls in anticipation of what is going to take place in the morning. I so wish we could have this feeling throughout the entire year. Oh wait, it can be that way, we just have to make it so. We are the Captains of our own destiny. We have the ability to make it Christmas everyday. Maybe we just don't think about it that way because of the ups and downs of life.

As the eternal optimist I have to look at life as an opportunity to bless others and help them along their journey. This special season depicts Peace on Earth, Goodwill toward Man. But that raises a series of questions, the first being, why not Peace on Earth, Goodwill toward Man all year round? If we put the needs of others ahead of ours, think of the changes that would take place in the world. But also think of the changes that will take place in your life. It is human nature to fret and worry, but when you spend time helping others you will very rarely think about your own situation and then worry and frretting simple slips away. I can have a completely lousy day, and then have an opportunity to reach out to someone and I completely forget about the day I just went through. I don't focus on the negatives of a day, but on the opportunity to help someone in need. Now I'm no martyr, and the things I do for others are not meant to make me feel good about myself, that is not my motivation. My motivation comes from knowing that others have as much right for happiness as me, and if I can help them get there, why not get them there.

As we celebrate the Holidays and head full speed ahead into the New Year take a few minutes to give thanks for the many blesssings of the past year and know that 2010 holds promise, peace and joy. I look forward to my journey in 2010 and I encourage each of you to join me in that Journey. My goal for 2010 is to bring a message of excitement to as many people as I can. I want to touch the lifes of others in an attempt to get them to go after dreams, and start walking in the Destiny that was placed in them before they were born. Have a wonderful Holiday and know that I will be there for you In the future. Our futures are bright and all we have to do is take it one day at a time. Never go on a Journey alone, it makes no sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment