Wednesday, December 23, 2009

True Destiny, If Life is a Journey, Why go it alone?

One of the sayings I love to use is "Just when you thought it was safe to go back into the water". There are so many things that happen during one's life it is some times hard to quantify what is good, bad, or indifferent. Life becomes such a whirlwind at times that we often don't know which way is up or down. I have had to take time over the last few months to slow down a bit and try to make certain decisions that I know will affect me long into the future. I am not immune to the ups and downs of life. Although I always try to display a positive outlook there are times when I'm not sure what is up or down. We all go through trials and tribulations, it would be great if we could escape all of that, but alas that is not reality. Reality really bites sometimes and all we can do is muddle through it and do the best we can.

In writing the book "True Destiny" I have found myself doing a self examination of my life and some of the things that have changed the path that I once thought I would take, just to find out that I ended up on another one. My self-examination was hard at times, but in the end it forced me to come to some conclusions that were long over due. Was my journey through self-examination painless? Let's put it this way I think I would rather have had a root canal with no pain killers than go through the process again. But alas I know I will have to go through it again sometime in my life, but maybe this next time I will be more prepared and will handle things a little differently.

Just about time I think I have life figured out something jumps out to stump me, and I stand there looking like a complete idiot when I don't have an answer to one of life's questions. Let's face it we all walk about with that stupid look on our faces from time to time. Never a pleasant place to be, but a huge learning opportunity. We need to accept the fact that we are all going to walk around stupid from time to time. WE won't have all the answers, heck there are times when we don't even have a clue as to the questions to ask. When you are faced with one of these situations maybe it's time to reach out to a friend or loved one for help. Hey maybe they won't give you the best answer or even a correct one, but it will be from the heart, covered with sincerity and that is all you can ask for.

Never be afraid to ask for help, and never be ashamed that you are asking. Even the most accomplished among us has asked for help from time to time, and I am quite sure they appreciate any help that was given. So the next time life throws you a curve ball, don't run and take cover, stand tall, proud, and know you have the ability to handle it. Now think about that.......

No comments:

Post a Comment