Saturday, March 25, 2023

When the End of the Road is just the beginning.

 Many find themselves in uncharted territory these days.  Numerous people are at the end of their rope.  Countless feel as though they are headed down a one-way road, that will never end, and there is no hope. Today I want to bring you some words of peace, and with those words an element of joy that many may not have felt for quite some time.  When anyone reaches the "End of the Road" in any situation, it is often just a mindset.  Granted situations and events can mold this mindset, but in actuality most of the time it is how we perceive things, and that perception is largely dependent on what we have been going through.  What I need to remind you of today is no matter where your road leads, it is in fact leading you to the place you need to be.  Although it may appear that you have, or are reaching the end of the road, I can assure you, you are not.  Just as there is light at the end of the tunnel, there is always another route that can be taken, and as soon as you decide to head in a different direction, the path you are on, the road you are traveling, will begin to widen and you will begin to see where it is taking you.

In life we have all failed at one time or another, and we have also tasted the sweet nectar of success.  The main thing to remember is that how you treat success or failure is going to dictate how you come out of either situation.  We all know sore winners and losers.  What you need to keep in mind is that there really are no winners or losers in life, simply participants.  We have placed far too much emphasis on winning and loosing, rather than just being.  If you understand that which is the best part of you, then competition with others is never going to come into the equation.  Certainly it is fun to participate in sporting events, and ultimately there will be a winner or a looser, but winning or loosing a football game does not define the real you.  The real you as I have said before is an Infinite Being with unlimited power, an endless amount of creative abilities, and you have a spirit that knows all, forgets nothing, and can what others say is impossible.

It is in this light that I want to encourage you to think outside of the box that we have been placed in since we were born.  It's finally time to accept certain truths.  I written about these truths many, many, many times in the past, but this is an occasion where repeating is critical.  Until such time as you see yourself as never-ending, until you grasp the significance of your design, you will be looking at life as a series of wins and losses.  This you cannot do, period, end of story.  Everything we go through is a lesson.  Some pleasant, some not.  No matter what the circumstances we need to always know that we, you and I, have all that we will ever need to traverse the ragging waters of life.  Now not every moment of every day is filled with bad things.  Taken as a whole I would say that most everyone has had their share of success.  As humans we have a tendency to only focus on the bad, and tend to forget the good.  The good brings us joy, it brings us happiness, it brings contentment, love, peace, and a feeling of oneness with our Creator. Anytime we feel joy, any time we feel peace, we are more apt to spread that joy and peace to others.  As we spread it, we get more in return.  If you are walking around in worry, is it not reasonable to expect more worry to come back at you?  Are you beginning to see a pattern here?

In truth there is no such thing as a Road to nowhere.  Roads do end, they curve, they go left, right, they zigzag, so many different directions.  I'd say this is a pretty good description of most people's lives.  No matter the direction, the ups or downs, we are on the right path to discover our purpose, our destiny.  No one ever said that life would be without out ups and downs.  I've had my share, and if I'm being completely honest there have been many things I would have rather not gone through.  No matter what I faced in life I have learned a lesson whether I want to admit it or not.  I've often been asked if I would change anything in my life, and believe it or not my answer is "No".  What I have gone through, what I have learned has brought me to the place I am at right now.  The place each of you are at right now is the perfect place because your creation was perfect.  We need to get away from man's thinking, and begin to operate from our spirit.  

When I was living in Maine I would often drive to other parts of New England, or back to my hometown in New York.  Each time driving back I would cross this particular bridge that separates Maine from New Hampshire.  As I crossed that bridge I would always think to myself welcome home. As you crossed the bridge off to the right would be the Welcome Sign to the State.  It said "Welcome to Maine, the way life ought to be."  I never really gave that much thought, but I've often asked myself what is life supposed to be like?  What is life supposed to teach us?  What are we supposed to go through to get us to our destiny?  What we go through is what we have to go through to get us to that perfect place.  We take many roads, often wondering if the road will ever end.  We may deviate from time to time, but in the end we always end up where we need to be, doing those things we need to be doing.  As complex as life can get at times, we often make things worse by making things more complex than they need to be.  

When we feel we are at the end of our rope, the end of the road, just know that this is nothing more than a mere distraction.  I get how it may not seem like it at any particular moment in time, but know that it is there to grow you, mature you, even when a bit of stretching is being administered.  I promise you when you discover your purpose, your destiny all that you went through to get there will be nothing but  a memory.  Strength will often come from adversity, wisdom from error, and love from hurt.  If ever there was a time to be strong now is that time.  If you are in the midst of a struggle look deep within yourself and know that this too shall pass.  Certainly there may be a few tears along the way, but tears are cleansing to say the least.  I've shed tears over the last few days and even though I would rather not be going through what I am going through, at the end of my road there will be a new path that will take me to where I need to be, where I want to be.  I encourage each of you to seek out a different path if you are at the end of your road.  Your journey does not end with what you perceive as the last step, it starts over with the first step.

Many times we set out on a path where we do not know the final destination.  That is perfectly fine because the real mission is simply to begin your journey.  Life has always been, and will always be a journey of discovery.  Discover your passions, discover your dreams, and watch and see if the roads you travel do not in fact get you to your final destination.  Love and light to each of you, and may peace be ever present in your life. 


No comments:

Post a Comment