Sunday, March 14, 2021

Tiny steps, tiny steps, tiny steps.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/19779889@N00/49399687848
You can go charging in like a bull in a China Shop.  You can stand still with no forward momentum.  You can take a giant leap, not really knowing what is going to happen.  You can take tiny steps, for even a little forward momentum is better than no momentum at all.  What I want to do today is put your mind at ease.  What I want to do this morning is re-assure you that taking your time, isn't always the wrong way, even when others are telling you to simply just do it.  

We have a tendency to think that what is good for the goose is also good for the gander.  Well, that's not always the case, and it certainly isn't the case when you are dealing with apples, and not oranges.  Everyone's life is on a different path.  Certainly everyone's path is leading toward their destiny, but everyone's destiny is going to be different, and because of that, everyone is going to do it at different times, in different ways, and in different directions.  Let  me stop here, and say this:  don't confuse caution and fear.  Being cautious about what you are doing is not a bad thing.  Caution shows you are aware, you are thinking, and yet you are still moving.  Fear on the other hand is nothing more than a mind trick.  It is there to stop you in your tracks.  Often fear is nothing more than worry taken to a higher level, and you and I both know that fear and worry has never been a friend you want walking along side of you on any journey.  

When I speak of tiny steps I'm not being descriptive.  What I simply mean is take your time, be patient, and by all means keep your eyes on your own path.  I liken it to walking in snow or on an icy slippery walk way.  If you foolishly just run like mad, chances are you are going to wind up on your butt.  If you are on a strip of ice, and you're simply looking all around you and not focused on what is right in front of you, you're going to wind up falling on your arse again.  Tiny steps in its simplest terms means don't outrun God.  Yes we have the mind of God in us, but that doesn't mean we are the almighty.  We can be lead by our spirit, but who do you know that lives by the spirit 100 percent of the time.  I'd like to think I try, but I am human, and I know better than to make that claim.  When we do things in God's timing, more often than not, all else being equal, we are going to find success.  When we outrun God, well the outcome is generally a little different, a tad bit more difficult, and it certainly is filled with stuff we might rather not deal with. 

God's timing might not always be how we want it, but it is always in God's perfection.  God's timing might not always be without delay, but it's always perfect.  There have been plenty of times in my life when I have accepted God's timing, and of course there have been those times when I though I knew better, and better turned out to be anything but.  I say these things not to discourage you, but rather to let you know that you can never change the perfection of God, so why try to reinvent the wheel?  As children, new born babes, you didn't leap out of your crib and run the four minute mile.  You had to learn to crawl, then walk, then run.  I have some big dreams ahead of me, but I know I need to time things out.  I need to make sure I do things in accordance with the Creator's plans, and not just my own.  Yes we have been given direction, and we have been shown what can be, but what can be still needs to be in God's perfect timing if you want to enjoy the fruits of your labor.  

There are people who acquaint tiny steps with inactivity.  There are those who feel that if they are not moving ahead at warp speed then somehow they are missing out.  Nothing wrong with warp speed if you are following all that God has shown you, and it certainly is possible to have it all traveling faster than light if you are traveling toward your true destiny.  Problems arise when you foolishly ignore obvious signs, and move ahead, again caution is not a bad thing.  

Why am I saying all these things today?  Here's why: your true destiny is too important to play games with.  Your future is too important to be played with.  I get how passionate we can get when we talk about our great loves and desires, in regards to why we are each here.  I get how incredibly excited we get when we dream about what we are going to do.  Why would you want to jeopardize your future just because you were unwilling to wait out the perfect timing go God?  Nothing is more important then you walking in your destiny, and nothing will screw it up faster then trying to outrun God.  I've outrun God many times in the past, and I can say without equivocation, it was a mistake.  I've had to pick up more pieces of broken dreams simply because I was unwilling to do it the right way, in the right time.  Learn from my mistakes, and don't make the same mistakes.  

Taking a tiny step is better than no step at all, but tiny steps will keep you from falling down and going boom.  I may look funny taking tiny little steps as I try to traverse the patch of ice, but those tiny steps are still on a path, and when I get to the end, I can say I made it.  Timing is everything, and perfect timing is what we have been promised if we will simply listen to our heart, listen to our spirit, and listen to God.  It might now always be the way you want it, or thought it would be, but it will be worth it in the end.  

Every now and again tiny steps work.  Every now and again we need to submit to Godly order, and when we do, we will be happy with the outcome.  Tiny, tiny, tiny steps are not a sign of doubt.  Tiny steps are not a sign of fear.  Tiny steps are simply steps that still lead to your destiny, steps that still lead you toward your passion, and steps that ultimately will lead the rest of humanity to their rightful place in life.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment